• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

got my Marti report today

john

I got the Marti report today,
I got the standard report, This has vary littel info I did not already have but, they sent me the serial # if I match the # on the car will that tell me if the motor is org? should I go ahead and get the full report?
John

case12

The standard report gives you some info, but most importantly it will tell you if the car is a California Special or High Country Special.

The deluxe report gives you more specific information about the build dates, dealer, etc. The elite report gives you this plus a copy of the window sticker, and a run down of the rarity of your car (this can sometimes not be that meaningful).

As for engine numbers matching, there are several threads on this site about this. The summary is that some engines have the VIN stamped on it (on the block behind the intake manifold) and some do not. If there is a VIN stamp and it matches the vehicle VIN, then you have matching numbers. If there is no VIN stamp, then you do your best guess based on casting numbers, history of the vehicle, etc.

Hope this helps. Casey

OP
OP
J

john

Thanks Casey, I know the car is not a CS or HC and I know this site is for those cars, but Im yet to find more helpfull advice on the other sites I have found Thanks John

Mustanglvr

His car is a 68 Mustang coupe. He could probably find out everything he needs here.

still looking for one

john said:
Thanks Casey, I know the car is not a CS or HC and I know this site is for those cars, but Im yet to find more helpfull advice on the other sites I have found Thanks John

The people here are GREAT, with the knowledge they have they could assemble a '68 Mustang from a pile of parts on the floor and come up with a factory perfect example. Plus, they are friendly, a great bunch of people, and REALLY know these cars inside out and will be happy to give you good advice. Just ask.

Word of caution, though: Hang around here too much, and one day you will find yourself with the keys to a Calif Special/HCS in your hand, and you will be asking yourself, "How did THAT happen"?:eek: :eek:

Jim B.

case12

John,

OK. That's cool. I didnt know that.

The information I gave below is basically the same. The deluxe report is definitely more infor and worth it. The elite report is mostly if you want a window sticker copy.

Casey

BroadwayBlue

Mustanglvr said:
His car is a 68 Mustang coupe. He could probably find out everything he needs here.

Yes I know that. Didn't mean to insinuate he couldn't get the info here. It just seemed he was looking for other sites as well.

We're always willing to help. :cool:

R

Mustanglvr

BroadwayBlue said:
Yes I know that. Didn't mean to insinuate he couldn't get the info here. It just seemed he was looking for other sites as well.

We're always willing to help. :cool:

R

Sorry about that Rich. I guess I did`nt want him to feel unwelcome here.:smile:

PFSlim

John

Take a look at the Marti Reports that are posted on this site. There is a thread not far from this one on the site that folks have posted their information. I bought the elite report and feel like it was worth every penny.

Paul

OP
OP
J

john

thanks for all the help and for making me feel welcome here,
I did find and bring home a C/S today but it is in bad shape
Im sure I'll be asking for alot of help on thanks John

Stacey Enderle

How Ironic,..LOL

still looking for one said:
The people here are GREAT, with the knowledge they have they could assemble a '68 Mustang from a pile of parts on the floor and come up with a factory perfect example. Plus, they are friendly, a great bunch of people, and REALLY know these cars inside out and will be happy to give you good advice. Just ask.

Word of caution, though: Hang around here too much, and one day you will find yourself with the keys to a Calif Special/HCS in your hand, and you will be asking yourself, "How did THAT happen"?:eek: :eek:

Jim B.

So ironic, I remember when I was in my junior year. We order our class rings, jewelry, etc. Well, they had a key ring in the catalog, so I ordered it and later received it and jokingly say,..."Well I have the key ring,..now all I need is the car." They all looked at me like I was really stupid. Not even a month later,...there it is! A set of keys to my California Special! Talk about heads turning as I drove by, honking the horn.

Stacey