• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

New Gallery Format

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Spent several hours today working on a new Gallery format. Take a quick look at the test pages:
http://www.californiaspecial.com/photogallery/

It's not quite the same look as the existing Gallery, but has some distinct advantages:
  • It's quicker and easier for me to upload which means it should be updated more often
  • I can assign individuals control over their own Gallery so they can edit photo captions, upload, modify and delete photos. If you're in the Gallery and want access please email me or PM me and let me know so I can give you a password.
  • There's a new Gallery section for "Misc Photos" which I thought might be handy for pics of interest to all of us. Things like show photos or detail shots of GT/CS and HCS specific items would go here. I've already put in some of the more useful photos you all have uploaded to the Forums.

Let me know if anyone has any comments! Thanks! :)

68sunlitgold

Jon,
I love the new gallery. 8) I like how the picutes look and how you can see other pictures of the car by clicking on the photo. I like this format over the old one. You have 1 vote to keep this. ;D
Doug

PS I will send you pics of my unrestored car very soon.

StraightSix

I agree, the new format is superb. I just took advantage of the "add comment" feature to note that the pic of my trunklid shows a repro trunklid, not an original.

-Winston

Looks great......... and if it makes your job that much faster and simpler than that's the way to going !!!! Very nice work and thank you for all your effort and time. I second the vote !

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Glad everyone likes it. I think I'll keep it. :)

FYI, I've made the first album (Misc GT/CS and HCS Items) open to anyone to upload. Just go into the album and click on the "Add Photos" in the upper right. Please keep it "special" related.

We have a good crowd here so I'm assuming no one will abuse the ability to upload photos. If anyone sees something in there that isn't appropriate please let me know ASAP.

Thanks!

68sunlitgold

Jon,
I added a bunch of pictures but I could not but them in the right places, ie I but a picture of the 96 registry on the site and I wanted to but it under the 88 registry, but I would not let me put it there. I had to but in on the main page. Is there a way to place photos in the appropriate place? ???

Also, has Winstons price list been but on the main catagory options yet? I know I can get to it by using the thread you created in the forum, but I can not find it in the regular options, or am I looking in the wrong places? ??? Thanks
Doug

PS Again I think this picture set is great!!!

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
[quote author=68sunlitgold link=board=1;threadid=218;start=0#1034 date=1045605287]
Jon,
I added a bunch of pictures but I could not but them in the right places, ie I but a picture of the 96 registry on the site and I wanted to but it under the 88 registry, but I would not let me put it there. I had to but in on the main page. Is there a way to place photos in the appropriate place? ???[/quote]
Actually I have to move them. That's one of the certain rights the gallery software allows only for the owner of that particular gallery. I moved a few around and put the fog light ones in the "Fog Light and Grille" album.

Also, has Winstons price list been but on the main catagory options yet? I know I can get to it by using the thread you created in the forum, but I can not find it in the regular options, or am I looking in the wrong places?
I just added it last night. It should be on every page unless I missed one. It's the last link down on the left side navigation. (under "Vin Reports")