• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

70 Mach 1 Trim Rings

hookedtrout

Spent some time out digging through my stuff organizing my new shop and came across 4 NOS 1970 Mustang Mach 1 style trim rings. In the 70's a friend of mine that owned a body shop bought a set of trim rings and caps for a customer and they never came back for them. They were still in the Ford boxes along with an NOS 68 Mustang mirror. Having a GT/CS he gave it all to me thinking they were the correct application for my car, everything is except the trim rings.

As time progressed I moved several times over the years and not knowing anything about NOS having any value (they were just the wrong trim rings to me) the boxes got wet and ruined on the trim rings so I threw them out, the caps (non GT 68 styled steel wheel caps) and mirror are still in the original boxes, rough shape but small enough it didn't ruin them entirely. I forgot all about having the trim rings. I spent some time on ebay today to see what exactly they are and what their value may be. I see 2 still in the box for almost $600, no bids however. These 4 that I have are in excellent shape, they have never been mounted on anything other than maybe me trying them on my styled steel wheels only to find out they weren't correct. Having been out of the box and stacked on top of each other they aren't perfect but they aren't far from it.

Anyone know anyone with a Mustang or Ford that they would be applicable for, anyone know what all they were on in the 70's? I'd like to get something out of them and at the same time get them to someone from here, someone we know. I'm not looking for the $$ discussed above, they have never had any value to me yet I know to the right person they would have some value.

The mirror and caps are not something I'd part with at this time, I've always wanted to mount the spare mirror as a passenger mirror so I can see from that side as well.

Here are some pictures of the trim ring style.

Attachments

• IMG_0637.jpg
    IMG_0637.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0636.jpg
    IMG_0636.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 23

rvrtrash

Cory, they are correct for a '70-72 Mustang, '70-'71 Torino, or the same year Cougar and Montego, with a 14" x 7" wheel. That's why they didn't fit your 14"x6" GT rims. Maybe the place Scott works for would be interested. If they were 15", I'd be all over them.

Steve

ari guy

Cory,
Hold the phone on those 70 beauty rings!!!!!!!! I have a '70 convertible mustang (big block car) with a set, but are a bit rough. Keep getting nicked on judging. If interested in letting them go, PM me. Thanks, Doc.

OP
OP
hookedtrout

hookedtrout

PM sent. Much rather see them go to someone here as long as it's not just to flip them.

PS I want to see a picture of the 70. Not to verify I just want to see it. ;-)

OP
OP
hookedtrout

hookedtrout

Cory, they are correct for a '70-72 Mustang, '70-'71 Torino, or the same year Cougar and Montego, with a 14" x 7" wheel. That's why they didn't fit your 14"x6" GT rims. Maybe the place Scott works for would be interested. If they were 15", I'd be all over them.

Steve

You were my first thought, I figured you'd be all over them.

rvrtrash

I probably could use them on my '70 Cougar, although I had 16" copies of Magnum 500's in mind. If you don't make a deal with someone that really needs them, let's talk.

Steve