• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. Triple "B's" Garage

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

On the subject of headers for vintage Mustangs, take a gander at Stan Johnsons new headers for a Coyote swap into a vintage Mustang! 1 3/4" into 1 7/8" 3" V-Band collectors for 65-73 Mustang/ 60-70 Falcon and 62-70 Fairlane with Rod and Custom Front suspension and others. They will be available 12/01/16 for those guys who have deep pockets and highly modified Fords!!

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

Arlie,
YES I am!!! Hope to light her off next week!!! My condescending friend updated his nick name for me to "uber" block bob. But I still love him!!

Triple B

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

More progress. Fuel and electrical done. Motor has been ran for 20 minutes at the factory. Been running the oil pump to ensure we be lubed!! Hope to start next week.

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

Radiator and fan installed.* Fun stuff with the lower radiator hose, but got through it.* Left side exit water pump on these crate motors.* Found a 1970 351/302 Windsor hose that worked.

This engine conversion provides me a simple engine.* No electric fans, no power adders, no sensors, no computers, and a single four barrel to tune after my days of 48 IDA Weber fun!* Simple and brutal, naturally aspirated for now!* Only comfort is power brakes and power steering.

Headers and power steering pump spacers next week.* That and a driveline will complete the package!* Other than spark plugs and wires.

Rob

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

Check out these beauties!* 1 and 5/8 to 1 3/4 diameter step headers from Ford Powertrain Applications for the Ford "Z" high port heads, Boss 351 based 460 CI. crate motor.* Max ground clearance and a prototype for my 1967 Mustang.* Where else can you find a supplier that is willing to build specific headers for the new configurations of these new motors for vintage Mustangs?* Highest quality and best fit!* Stan Johnson is a niche builder of vintage Ford headers.* Check out his site and get quality stuff for your specific build.* These headers are for my application, but they will fit many others.* Stan bleeds Ford blue and don't ask him for other brands.* He has his hands full keeping us Ford owners happy!* There are very few custom builders these days, and he has a full line of proven applications for many Ford engine swaps and applications.* This header should show up soon on his site for others to use.* I will post pictures of them installed soon.* I get nothing from promoting this good friend of mine other than the satisfaction of hooking up other Ford owners to the best in header design for their vintage Ford.

Rob

http://www.fordpowertrain.com/FPAindex/headers2.htm

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

Check out the ground clearance and the fit.* AWESOME fit of another set of Ford Powertrain Applications headers.* Mega ground ground clearance, will fit Borgeson or Stock ford power steering, and will fit a 4peed with hydraulic clutch linkage or and automatic.* Huge area for the starter.* Quality is awesome.

clubpro

Wow Rob that is sweet. I look forward to seeing more progress as it happens.

Cheers,

Ron

Ruppstang

It is a very good day when they start up and run like that.
Yes Rob she does sound baaaaddd!

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

Marty,
First motor I have not assembled by hand and picked out all the pieces!! Ford has done one heck of a job on these motors!!!

Rob

CougarCJ

Rob, do you even own a pair of long pants? LOL :grin:
Must be nice to be retired.

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

Hood back on with large cutout for the old Weber 48 IDA's. I had a cold air system on the Webers with a large flat plenum filter on the hood so I could run open stacks

This crate motor with the Edelbrock Super Victor is one tall combination. These pics are with no carb spacer, but the plenum height and air gap of the Super Victor makes me think a carb spacer will not help performance or cooling much on this manifold. I have a Ford Racing 14 inch drop base air cleaner on order. It is blue with the slant edge treatment similar to the valve covers. Anyway, nothing a Boss 9 scoop will not cover!!

Rob

clubpro

That thing will put hair on your chest in a hurry. I love big blocks!

Cheers,

Ron