• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Spare tire hold down with slotted wheels revisited again

GTCSMustang

After 40+ years it's hard to absolutely prove anything with these cars, unless you are the original owner. But over the weekend I bought a 15,000-mile 1968 Mustang with the spare tire secured with the hold-down plate instead of the jack (car has styled steel wheel spare). And it has the matching sticker on the trunk lid. I don't think many of the 1968 Mustangs came this way, but I believe this one did. It also has the original E70x14 tire in the trunk although it has been used.

Scott

Attachments

• DSC00170.JPG
    DSC00170.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 52
  • DSC00171.JPG
    DSC00171.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 45

6t8-390gt

Scott,
Is this the car that was in Carlisle in 2008? I think it was also on ebay. I wish I had paid closer attention to it when I saw it. As you said; it certainly indicates that they were either intended to be this way or some of them came this way. Finding good original examples is hard to do. Thanks for sharing. I know the car will be well cared for as long as you own it.

Danny