• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Replacement gas tank suggestions

rjw

I am going to replace my gas tank, which many of the suppliers have available. Any suggestions as to which one carries the best quality and OEM standards?
Thanks.
Richard

BroadwayBlue

I don't have enough info to answer the question but as people are answering ... I'm curious to here tank thoughts but also any thoughts on using (or have installed) a fuel cell instead? (I think that's the right term)

imported_tree

fuel tank replacement

try this site below. the pervious owner bought one of these tanks from these people and it works great.i dont know what the cost is below the boader. compare and shop. mine is 16 gal canadain. cost a arm and leg to fill this puppy.at a $1.36 litre or about 6.03 gallon for the good stuff.Canadian Mustang Parts and Sales Ltd. good luck terry/buy the one with the drain plug its worth it
http://www.CanadianMustang.com/

Perkchiro

I agree with the drain plug suggestion. If you should need to drain your tank, it's a nice feature. As for a supplier, I bought mine from Missouri Mustang, but I get the impression they are all produced by the same manufacturer and distributed by most parts suppliers.

PFSlim

A drain plug is a must, in my opinion. I think Perk is right, most all repo tanks are made by the same folks. They are easy to install and look very nice.

I also have another recommendation. For our tank, we immediately clear coated after installation. The tank is much easier to clean grease, road dust, etc off of tank. It makes the tank alittle more shiney than new, but I don't think it will show it's age in the long run. Just my opinion.

Paul

Attachments

• Stang434.JPG
    Stang434.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 25

imported_tree

replacement fuel tank

390cs68rcode said:
you pay $6.03 US for a gallon of gas?

Yep. 6.03 a gallon for high test.as for the tank. consider replacing the sending unit ,and the fuel lines that run along the inside rails if you do the full meal deal.just a thought. terry............................................

390cs68rcode

imported_tree said:
Yep. 6.03 a gallon for high test.as for the tank. consider replacing the sending unit ,and the fuel lines that run along the inside rails if you do the full meal deal.just a thought. terry............................................

if I used that in my Cobra Jet it would cost me $1.00 a mile to use. ouch