• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Mustangs at the Queen Mary Show

Russ

I just received a flyer from the Beach Cities Mustang Club that advertises the 9th annual "Mustangs at the Queen Mary" Mustang and Ford Show. The show will take place on Sunday, September 25, 2005 and is a people's choice show, so no major judging will occur. My wife and I are planning to attend, and I was wondering if any other GT/CS folks are thinking of going to this show. You can get information about the show by calling (562) 498-2262

Since the discussion of getting together has been raised, this might be a way for the "west coast" CS owners to meet and swap stories. Hope to see some of you there,
Russ

hookedtrout

[quote author=Mosesatm link=board=1;threadid=1843;start=0#msg12047 date=1119909389]
Will we need flotation devices?
[/quote]

I'm all over this!

Hook

68gt350

my brother and i are planning on going to the show...we dont have a CS but i do have a 68 gt350 and an 01 cobra which i will be taking and my brother is taking an 03 lightning. if you get together to cruise down we would like to join you.
robert

OP
OP
Russ

Russ

Robert, We will be coming in from Flagstaff, and will be staying in Pasadena. I'll contact you to see if we can drive to Long Beach together, Russ

68gt390

[quote author=Mosesatm link=board=1;threadid=1843;start=0#msg12047 date=1119909389]
Will we need flotation devices?
[/quote]

Only if you plan on being in over your head. ;)

Don

joedls

I will be there! I'll have my CS there, if it isn't in the middle of my engine swap. I plan on putting in a blown 302, maybe an AOD. My 65 convertible restomod should be done by then, also.

OP
OP
Russ

Russ

This is getting good!! I'm bringing my stock, C-code, highland green GT/CS, so I'll have trouble staying up with the Shelby and the blown CS, but it still should be a ball!!! I'm looking forward to meeting folks from this site. Anyone else interested???
Russ

Sarge

I'm interested, but the time frame may not work for me. That is the end of my fiscal quarter, and typically I am pretty busy at that time... Will know as time frame gets closer, might be a "last minute" thing.
Robert

Joes68

Russ,
I'm considering checking it out. I work on weekends so I'll have to check out the work schedule. I'm going to the Eagles concert the night before at the Staples center and will probably get home late, so will have to get up early to make the drive down to Long Beach. If we do make it we'll be bringing the GT/CS for sure. We'll let you know.
Ron

dbeal

Not to hijack the thread..but .. Russ you need to update your pics of your lime-gold mustang! I would love to see how it is coming along..specially since I almost bought it from you rather than the blue one!

OP
OP
Russ

Russ

Not much to see right now, as it is in the paint shop. As the painter begins to make progress, I'll take some photos and post them.

My wife and I are leaving for Calgary, Canada on Saturday to attend the Model T Club of America national tour with our 1911 touring. I just finished restoring this car, so I should post photos of the Model T (just joking).

Darrell, how are you coming with the blue car??
Russ

Diesel Donna

Russ, you just about made my mind up to go to that show. I have it on the calender so I just may see you there.

Joe? Can I go to the Eagles concert with you? ;D

charles

Hi everyone! im in tha bcmc an i believe i may have tha only GTCS in tha club! I could be wrong, however. So Cal GT/CS owners should organize for tha next meet at Route 66 in San Bernadino. I have been recieving soooooooo...........much interest in my car it is almost unbelieveable! It is almost like being a Shelby Mustang owner! Hey folks, kick it around urselfs an email me bout tha idea. cponyrun@yahoo.com Captn Kirk out!

OP
OP
Russ

Russ

It looks like we will have some GT/CS folks at this meet!! I will be entered in class #7 (factory stock '67-68), and my entry number is #164. The Beach Cities Mustang Club stated they will have 350 cars at the meet, and all entrants must pre-register to get into the show. If anyone is interested, the email address to get a show application is:
QM9@bcmc.net

I look forward to meeting many of you,

Russ

Joes68

Donna,
I'm not so sure you'd want to pay what those damn Eagles tickets cost! :eek: (Stupid expensive)!! Still not sure if I'll make the Queen Mary show or not. Car is supposed to be ready Sep. 8 or 9 but you know how that goes. Hope we can see you all there.
Ron