• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Deserved hand wash + a question

mbsf1970

After over 2700 miles, Doug deserved a hand wash. Well he got it this morning.

While attending to all nooks and crannies I came across two screws mounted into rear bumper directly above the licence plate mounting area. Is it normal for them to be there and if so, what purpose do they serve??

Stephen

P.s. @ Arlie. I took the time to save my pictures "upside down" on my iPad so that they would show up correctly here. They posted upside down so I reverted them back to original "right side up" and then posted them and guess what? They posted upside down!! I think it must be a software thing with iPads?? So, please feel free to rotate pics for me but know that every effort was made to post pics properly at the outset!!

Attachments

• IMG_0006.jpg
    IMG_0006.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0007.jpg
    IMG_0007.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0009.jpg
    IMG_0009.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 29

Mosesatm

Those screws attach the license plate light to the inside of the bumper.

Attachments

• IMG_0006.jpg
    IMG_0006.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0007.jpg
    IMG_0007.jpg
    230.9 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0009.jpg
    IMG_0009.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 37

BigJim

P.s. @ Arlie. I took the time to save my pictures "upside down" on my iPad so that they would show up correctly here. They posted upside down so I reverted them back to original "right side up" and then posted them and guess what? They posted upside down!! I think it must be a software thing with iPads?? So, please feel free to rotate pics for me but know that every effort was made to post pics properly at the outset!!
And here I thought your car was in Australia or New Zealand.

hatchdog

Stephen,

I too use an I-pad for most of my browsing and have found the following process will eliminate the upside down picture problem. However doing this is way more of a pain than it should be.

Before I attempt to attach a picture here I first go to my Photo’s file. I then select the picture and click on edit. Then I rotate it 90*’s using the rotation arrow button and save. Then I click edit again and rotate it 270*’s so it ends up in it’s original position and save again. At this time it will post here and on other sites properly. You will need to do this for every pic you want to post. After all this nonsense I then open the site and attach the pics I have rotated.

I’m sure there is an easier way to fix this problem but I’m lazy. I found a solution and I just run with it. But, I don’t post many pics so I can afford to be lazy.:grin::rolleyes:

PS, the sun rays coming from your car in the first pic are fantastic.

Mike

OP
OP
M

mbsf1970

Tx Mike! I will def try that "solution" in order to avoid my Australian photos.....and yes, I love the glittering sun rays off the car! Looks dream sequence-like

somethingspecial

After over 2700 miles, Doug deserved a hand wash. Well he got it this morning.

While attending to all nooks and crannies I came across two screws mounted into rear bumper directly above the licence plate mounting area. Is it normal for them to be there and if so, what purpose do they serve??

Those screws should retain the tag light in the bumper. Mike

robert campbell

Arlie,
It is a broadside blast, all at once, by the nine 16 inch guns on the USS Missouri BB-63, I bet!

Rob

somethingspecial

Arlie, here is a larger pic. What you can't see in the photo is when they fire a full broadside, the ship moves sideways three feet.

Attachments

• cv84xniewni01.jpg
    cv84xniewni01.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 29
  • main-qimg-dc512c49ac9d8d683bf00bddddf382b6-c.jpg
    main-qimg-dc512c49ac9d8d683bf00bddddf382b6-c.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 29