• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. Blethering Place Collector Car Show in Victoria

GT/CS S Code

Last Sunday I took our GT/CS to the annual "Blethering Place Collector Car Show" sponsored by one of our local restaurants. I attended it last year as well and had such a great time talking to the public about GT/CS's and Mustangs in general that I took our car again this year. There was a huge variety of cars from older restored vintage cars and trucks to highly modified muscle cars and hot rods. There were about 400 cars displayed in total and this show usually gets several thousand spectators that walk through the displays shooting photos and asking questions about the vehicles. There was an original '66 Shelby GT350, several big block Cameros and Mopars, plus there was a red GT/CS "clone" Mustang as well, but he wasn't trying to fool anyone as to what it was and he was quick to admit that he'd just put it together as a project car. There were a number of Packards, Cadillacs, Edsels, Jaguars, an early Bentley Roadster, an original AC Ace Bristol Roadster, and at least 3 V8 Ford powered Sunbeam Tigers. One of the highlights of the show was a Canadian production 1917 Model T Touring that was completely original and unrestored ... and still running!

Here is the link to my PhotoBucket page with over 300 photos from the show:

http://s1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd466/Reverend_Al/Blethering Place Collector Car Show 2011/

Enjoy!

Al

hookedtrout

Nice, did you get any pictures of the early 60's Ford or Merc pickups, I see the emblems but didn't see any pictures of the trucks. Some nice cougars, was the Yenko a real or clone?

Thanks for sharing.

rvrtrash

There used to be a member here that lived in Victoria that had a Tiger in addition to a CS. Her name was Dru (husband was Wil). Do you know them and was one of the Tiger's theirs?

Steve

OP
OP
GT/CS S Code

GT/CS S Code

Hate to say that I didn't take pictures of all the vehicle exteriors, and I shot a lot of small detail and interior shots instead. I'd forgotten that you were working on your project truck and might have liked a shot or two of some vintage 60's Ford or Mercury pickups. I'll try to remember for future shows, since several of these trucks are regular attendees.

Not being a big Chevy fan I wasn't sure about the "Yenko" Camero, but my next door neighbour that owns the other white Camero in my photos that has the 427 big block in it told me that no, that "Yenko" is a clone car with a 454 dressed out to look like a 427. (He said that he also wants $70,000.00 for it too!)

Nice, did you get any pictures of the early 60's Ford or Merc pickups, I see the emblems but didn't see any pictures of the trucks. Some nice cougars, was the Yenko a real or clone?

Thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
GT/CS S Code

GT/CS S Code

Not sure about that? I don't know any of the owners of the Tigers that were displayed there, but overhearing a conversation between one of the owners and a friend of his it sounds like these cars change hands regularly!

I don't know if you noticed it or not, but another interesting project car that was there was the little red '60 MG with the 289 Hi Po transplanted into it? Talk about a "poor man's Cobra" ...
:wink:

There used to be a member here that lived in Victoria that had a Tiger in addition to a CS. Her name was Dru (husband was Wil). Do you know them and was one of the Tiger's theirs?

Steve

rvrtrash

Do you remember the colour of their CS? I haven't seen many around town lately ...

It was Sunlit Gold and her "name" here was Goldie. Last I talked to her, she was trying to get in touch with Jon and rejoin, but that was months ago and I haven't seen her show up.

Steve

rvrtrash

I don't know if you noticed it or not, but another interesting project car that was there was the little red '60 MG with the 289 Hi Po transplanted into it? Talk about a "poor man's Cobra" ...
:wink:

I saw that and even tried to look up "Snark" but came up empty. The best I ever saw was an MG with a 426 Hemi in it. The driver couldn't even see over the engine! I keep thinking of building a car with a Nissan 3.5L, Corvette door handles,.... oh wait, that's Arlie's dream! :grin:

Steve

OP
OP
GT/CS S Code

GT/CS S Code

Hmmm ...

Nope, I haven't seen a gold GT/CS around Victoria at all, so I wonder if they are still in town? I only know of three other GT/CS's in the Victoria area, which is the other "S" code in Highland Green that is undergoing full restoration right now (got Arlie's attention with that one!), one in yellow that went out to Sooke somewhere, and an old, worn and torn Candy Apple Red car that has been in town for mega years. That one is just a driver though and it doesn't look like he's even washed it in years! The red paint has faded so badly that it is now closer to a dull orange ...

I wonder where the gold one might be hiding?
:confused:

It was Sunlit Gold and her "name" here was Goldie. Last I talked to her, she was trying to get in touch with Jon and rejoin, but that was months ago and I haven't seen her show up.

Steve