• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

2007+ MSD 2 step & cats

joedls

I've launched my car ~10-12 times with the 2 step. I started getting worried after reading on several boards that the 2 steps were ruining the cats, so I purchased an off-road X-pipe. I took the car over to RET today to have them install the X-pipe and give me a 100 octane tune. I just got a call from Greg, saying that it's a good thing we removed the cats because they were already clogged.

So just an FYI, if you run a 2 step, don't run cats.

Last edited:
OP
OP
joedls

joedls

It's a 2 step rev limiter made by MSD. This is from their website:

"This 2-Step connects right to your late model Ford to produce consistent launches and quicker 60-foot times by setting an rpm limit to stage with. When activated, the rpm will be held at a steady rpm and once the green light comes on, release the clutch and take off - but be sure to hold on! The rpm is adjusted with two built-in rotary dials ranging from 1,800 - 9,900 rpm in 100 rpm increments. A handy LED shows when the launch rev limit is active."