• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1972 Grande'

franklinair

Went to a local car show today. Met a gentleman with a 1972 Mustang Grande', 23,000 miles TOTAL. 351 2BBL, A/T, A/C, P/S, P/B Dark Green, Tan interior. This car looks like a time capsule. Original EVERYTHING.
Marti Report:
Blk vinyl roof, FMX A/T, Traction-Lok Rear (2.75), Conv Group, Appearance Group, Deluxe Seatbelts/Warning Light, Competition Suspension, Instrumentation Group.
$14K I'm tempted. Opinions? Comments?
(Of course, I didn't think to take pictures.):mad:

Neil

sam

I dunno........to me the 71/72 Mustang's lost much of their distinction, and began to look like all the other American cars. However, if she's all original, may be a nice prize. I don't think you'd turn many heads driving down the road; but probably some notice at a car show etc.
Sam

robert campbell

Steve (rvrtrash) has been around a bunch of the 71/73 Mustangs. I have driven them and they are solid and handle better than the older first gen Mustangs. Our Kitsap Mustang Club has a 1972 Grande owner as a plank owner of the club. Dark Green and a 4 speed car. It is very cool and a hoot to drive or ride in.

I think it would be cool and with the mileage on this car, I doubt you will not be able to move it for the same if needed.

Sounds like fun to me Dad!!!

Rob

Ruppstang

Neil I had a 73 Grande' and it with out a doubt was the best riding Mustang I had ever owned until we bought our 2013 MCA addition. The Grande's had a special soft ride suspension. 14K sounds like a steal to me. You could hardy get it painted for that. Unrestored car are so special. I think you could buy it have some fun for a few years and get you money back with a little interest. Rob is right it would be tough to recover your investment if it were not for it's low mile and unrestored status.
If you get it cleaned and detailed and take it to the Myrtle Beach MCA national show this October you might sell it there if you wanted to. I would love to see it and you there.
Marty

gtcs1

I think they're nice cars, personnaly. I'm sure I'm a bit biaised... Wonder why? :grin::grin:

For that price you can't go wrong. I would go for it !!!

See what I bought myself 2 years ago, a nice 73, 351 Cleveland, with only 27k miles. Mint condition, all original. I really like it.

As far as head turning, I can tell you that these cars, after 43 years attract attention. At red lights, people look a lot and even take pictures. My wife could not beleive it...

Pierre

Attachments

• DSC02190.jpg
    DSC02190.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 28
  • DSC02194.jpg
    DSC02194.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC02196.jpg
    DSC02196.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC02193.jpg
    DSC02193.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 30
  • DSC02189.jpg
    DSC02189.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 21
  • DSC02188.jpg
    DSC02188.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

Edward Bodoh

Last year I ran into a 73...lime gold convertible with all white interior...at a local show. It was all I could stare at the whole time. Didn't help he was parked behind my cs.
I too am a fan of grandes. For that price if I had the cash it would be a done deal. If it's really that clean. Too bad we can't see pics. Good luck.

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

Its not that car, but its twin. The photos show dual exhaust- the one I saw was single exhaust.

Neil

Ruppstang

Wow two unrestored 72s with the same miles, what are the odds?
Here is a old picture of my 73.

Attachments

• 73 Grandee 001_crop.jpg
    73 Grandee 001_crop.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 24

68wsr

Hello Neil,

Awhile ago in one of your previous posts you had a picture of front bucket seats with headrests. I have a 68 HCS that I would like to add headrests or install new bucket seats with headrests. I would like to know how you obtain your front bucket seat with headrest. Did you get the Grande?

Thanks, Daniel

Mosesatm

The seats are from a '68 or '69 Cougar. You can also use '69 Mustang seats with headrests. If you have '68 seats all you need are the '69 backs. The bases are the same. There are a pair of '69s on eBay.

rvrtrash

Hello Neil,

Awhile ago in one of your previous posts you had a picture of front bucket seats with headrests. I have a 68 HCS that I would like to add headrests or install new bucket seats with headrests. I would like to know how you obtain your front bucket seat with headrest. Did you get the Grande?

Thanks, Daniel

Daniel, where are you located, and what color seats are you looking for. I have a set of Dark Red seats from a '69 that are freshly upholstered.

Steve