• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 GTCS prices

shane18fly

I have been watching the most recent e-bay auction. White GT/CS 302. Price has really jumped. I know the prices are predicated on what the market will bear. Has anyone noticed the prices of these vehicles jumping? I have seen prices all over the board recently($12,000-$33,000). I know they can vary depending on specific model, special variances, etc but does the most recent price of almost $30,000 seem like a lot of dough?? Anything more or less special about this particular vehicle than any other GT/CS? Is the market coming back on our vehicles? Thanks! Shane

franklinair

I also watched that auction on E-Bay for that white GT/CS. IMHO it sold far above current market value. It stalled around $18K for a while, and then went ballistic up to $29,995. (A J code, P/S & P/B, standard interior) But if the seller was happy, and the buyer was happy, then I guess it WAS fair market value.

Neil

Ruppstang

A very well restored car will most often will bring high dollars because it costs that or more to do one right. A lot of buyers know that and bid accordingly.

OP
OP
S

shane18fly

Agree-we get for what we pay for and I guess that goes to show that money CAN sometimes buy happiness if it's a well restored cali!shane

Northern Pony

If you are looking at a stock car, it would seem the astute buyers know what to look for and hopefully the price is reflected in good $$ to the seller.
Modified cars, it depends on the modification as not all buyers prefer wild mods, but will take a tastefully done car. All sellers and buyers tastes are different, and price can be reflected when they match up.
Then there is the market, we currently have $90.00 oil, and that should reflect on car prices in Alberta come spring.
BoB

classicsguy

Car is relisted again on E bay due to a NON PAYING International buyer.Seller says reserve was lowered.

Mosesatm

Anyone who may be interested in puchasing this car please inspect it carefully before you bid.

robert campbell

I would like to put this car up on my new rack and look it over.... At the same time it "shows" well and looks good in photos. But photos kinda suck for really "seeing" a car.

Certainly has a few retstoration flaws, but they look easy to fix if it was looked closely at.

International buyers can seriously inflate a cars selling price. They do not have the access to the amount of cars we do.

Rob

Mosesatm

Some of the old-timers here don't have warm fuzzies about about the seller.
Too bad Joe doesn't post any more.

obwan93001

Someone PM me the seller please. Is it the same @@@ I bought my misrepresented car from?

Hahhaha. You crack me up Amy. You get that POS if you can! Did you just come back from watching True Grit or what? :smile:

Iirc, wasn't that asshat from El Segundo, CA? Everytime I see a Mustang for sale outta El Segundo I question it's actual condition based on your experience.

OP
OP
S

shane18fly

Yup-saw the car re-listed and thought non-paying buyer or buyer remorse for the well over inflated price. For that price I would expect near concours but got pics from the fella selling it and the carriage and body not that clean and the prior price would definitely have put a smile on his face as he cashed that check...shane