• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Help a sister out please, car fire

Ruppstang

You are correct about the crazy cost of originals. Donna was your dash pad green? If so this is one of the hardest colors to find. Other colors can be dyed but I would not use a red to dye green. Any future damage would be very visible. I have a original that is a bit hard and not perfect that I will donate, you pay shipping. I have used the Dashes Direct and they fit well but have a much heaver grain. For a non concourse car this may be the best solution. Marty

68 special

Hey Donna, Any word on your car and what you will need? There is a decent sized swap meet up here by Seattle, actually Puyallup, this weekend and I was going to go see if there is anything worth bringing home. If you have some ideas, you could text me or PM me. It runs both days.

Bret
425-446-0643

calspcl

Brett, I will be there Saturday also, I will give you a ring and we can have a scone and coffee together.

Donna, I have some a couple of extra parts laying around. If we could get a list going, it may help to specifically locate parts.

Sounds like the dash is our challenge - I will be on the hunt between here and Portland in the next month...

Dan

68 special

Dan, looks like I'll only be going on Sunday. My daughter has Lacrosse on Saturday. That's ok, tho, might be better deals, the things they don't want to take home...

Bret

franklinair

I have a repro dashpad (used) in very good condition. (I was fortunate to find a really good original on E-Bay @ a good price.)

Neil

OP
OP
Diesel Donna

Diesel Donna

Oh wow, I have been working a lot of hours and haven't checked this thread.
I got word that the insurance company has reconsidered what they will do for me but they still only want to repaint the hood and fenders, not the whole car. I'll get back to you all when I find out what the shop can find for me and what I will need to help them find.
Many thanks to all of you for your support!!!

OP
OP
Diesel Donna

Diesel Donna

Okay, hang onto those parts you all have mentioned. I need to find some time to talk to the shop about what they can and cannot find. They are closed on the only days I have off.

Mustanger

Hi Donna, any good news? ... we're hoping that things are moving along for your car ...

OP
OP
Diesel Donna

Diesel Donna

What shop are you using?

Marion, I had her towed to Mustang Country International in Paramount. Still haggling with the insurance company who has gone from offering $7500 to telling me she is totaled.

Aaaarrrgggghhhhhhh.

CALIF GIRL

Oh my,,,That is not good. Hope they come around soon and see the light. I understand Mustang country does good work.

cool68

hey

Marion, I had her towed to Mustang Country International in Paramount. Still haggling with the insurance company who has gone from offering $7500 to telling me she is totaled.

Aaaarrrgggghhhhhhh.
Mustang country..WOW.. I drive a diesel truck for a living and I work for an asphalt company...I haul hot oil out of that refinery in back of Mustang country..I see your GT/CS all the time Donna....I didn,t know it was yours:smile:

Mosesatm

Aaaarrrgggghhhhhhh.

There is $20,000 worth of damage?

robert campbell

this is the fun of insurance companies that are not classic car insurance companies. They are telling Donna that her car is worth less than $10k.....

Haggerty lets you insure for an agreed upon value based on the car and photo documentation that it in a shape that will support the value so to speak. If it is in the ballpark, they are ok with a value that may seem a bit on the high side.

Better said they will not let you insure a Yugo for $100k, and then you park it with the windows down in the middle of slum city with and leave it running with a full tank of gas....... It has to be reasonable.

I hate insurance companies....

CALIF GIRL

If I remember correctly, Donna has her car insured as a classic vehicle.

68 special

Hey Donna,
What is the status from the insurance company??? Just wondering because I ran a across a CL add for '68 Green dash pad and pillars, steering wheel with pad and horn ring. I'll try and get some pics from the seller and see what the condition is.

Give us an update when you can.

Bret

OP
OP
Diesel Donna

Diesel Donna

WOW! I'm just checking in for a second...I have to get to work, so I'll post more later. I settled with the insurance company and work can begin next week! Stay tuned.