• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

need help finding a center console!!

my68cs

I'm trying to find an original looking center console for my CS but can't find one. Does anybody know of a company that makes them?

Mosesatm

Never heard of any company that makes them. I got so frustrated trying to find an original console that I installed a hump hugger in my car, then pieced together a complete console through eBay.

Be warned; It gets real expensive real fast. A good base will run $125 or so. Same for a good top pad. Then there is the center plate, and the light, and the ashtray, and the seat belt cups, and so forth. A real nice console on eBay will sell for around $500 or more.

Something you may want to consider is using a console out of a '67 or '68 Cougar, or a '67 Mustang. Those consoles aren't any less expensive but it opens up the field a little more when looking for a bargain.

6t8-390gt

Don't forget the shifter! I think it would be cheaper to buy a complete console as opposed to piecing one together. Arlie is right about the Cougar consoles, not exactly the same, but they will work. Swap meets and used parts dealers are cheaper than ebay most of the time.

di81977

I gave up looking for one based upon the same reasons Arlie mentioned in his response. There are quite a lot of individual pieces. You will also need longer radio knobs, which I do not believe are reproduced either.

david

RedGTvert

Perogies can get you a restored console. There is also a guy on Ebay advertises restored consoles for $795. There are a couple of 67's on there right now, but they look a little rough.

Mustanglvr

The console for an automatic shifter is a little different than the console for a manual trans shifter.

JGFRANCK

As said above you will need longer radio knobs which are going for close to $100.00 a set, you HAVE to use the longer radio knobs, the regular one will not work.

Mustanglvr

The pad is also different around the automatic shifter, but can be cut to fit the manual.

PFSlim

I bought mine off ebay for I think a very acceptable price. I think I paid around $250. I had to paint it to match my interior and do some work on it to make it fit. Brian B. assisted us with the radio knobs.

Paul