• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

2008 California Special Member Get Together

hookedtrout

This is in response to Pauls reply in the "If and when they make a 08 Mustang" I just thought it deserved it's own topic so we can visit the idea a bit.

For me I'd like to see our first get together be something based around us in other words no big car shows no big events that we are going to add our cars to the mix. I'd like to do this so we can get to know each other, no worry on judged car shows no time frames no event regulations etc etc. Simply a place a weekend and an invitation to meet, chat, see the GT/CS HCS cars and see the owners.

I've already stated I'd like to avoid large city gatherings, meet someplace that offers some beatiful places that we might go for a cruise, a small resort community that offers some beautiful scenery and enough room to accomodate us and our cars. If the idea works and we persist with it eventually I think a show and judging would be awesome but in the beggining stages I think if we try and make it a big deal mixed in with car shows etc it will not offer the opportunity to grow roots as a GT/CS get together.

Just my thoughts, I'd probably never go if it's in some big city and it's mixed in with some other car show, I'm not interested in who has the best CS, not interested in seeing other Mustangs or cars for that matter, I'm just interested in getting together with you guys/gals and shooting the breeze somewhere relaxing and seeing your cars.

Hook

Mustanglvr

Maybe we could do it for some important cause also. We could meet in Littleton, Colorado in memory of the Columbine shootings and bring attention to school violence and attention to our GT/CS`s. We could contact the newsmedia and get them out there. I think that would be an important cause. I don`t know, I`m just thinking off the top of my head. I just figure if were all together we could do some good too. Rhonda

rvrtrash

I would have to vote no on the cause idea, not because I'm heartless, but because we don't all believe in the same things (except CS's). I agree we should all get together just to meet but without deciding if we want to go because we're pro or anti this or that. It should have a "family reunion" flavor to it, I believe. As for where to host it, I'm too far away from the majority to suggest any place.
Steve

OP
OP
hookedtrout

hookedtrout

[quote author=Mustanglvr link=board=1;threadid=1835;start=0#msg11962 date=1119715122]
Maybe we could do it for some important cause also. We could meet in Littleton, Colorado in memory of the Columbine shootings and bring attention to school violence and attention to our GT/CS`s. We could contact the newsmedia and get them out there. I think that would be an important cause. I don`t know, I`m just thinking off the top of my head. I just figure if were all together we could do some good too. Rhonda
[/quote]

I like the idea of heading toward a cause for betterment of the world Rhonda I think that's a great idea as opposed to a competition of who has the best car. We've already established that we all have our cars for different reasons and approach our cars in different ways and if we head for a car show we will certainly exclude anyone that feels their car isn't worthy of competition.

If it becomes a competition some will more than likely feel embarrassed to come because their car isn't as nice as those they see in the photo section, I wouldn't, and I'm not speaking for myself, I'd show up in a rust bucket to meet up with you guys I just want to get to know you all and learn from you what I can I could care less if my car is as nice as the next but I'd hate to see anyone feel excluded based on their being some type of competition.

I still think initially we need to get together with no strings attached and get to know each other and establish ourselves and then establish a plan for the future from that point. My guess is it will take a few years to even get this group established in getting together. If we have a big agenda before we even get going I think it will end up somewhat chaotic and never get established at all. If we all get together without any strings other than bring your car how ever you can and let's shoot the breeze and maybe even establish a get together committee and start to build this I'd say the possibilities are unlimited.

I would also offer the idea that maybe we try and get 2 or 3 groups established. A West Coast GT/CS and East and maybe a Central and each area try and pick a centrally located place and start something similar. Eventually as they get established we could pick a location or something along the lines of the Route 66 idea that Paul had where say every 5 or maybe 10 years we try and have an all encompassing get together somewhere in the middle.

Who knows where it will go, maybe no where maybe someday we will be all meeting up and shooting the breeze.

Just rambling along, but I like the idea of meeting up someday.

Hook

OP
OP
hookedtrout

hookedtrout

[quote author=n.id.steve link=board=1;threadid=1835;start=0#msg11964 date=1119718914]
I would have to vote no on the cause idea, not because I'm heartless, but because we don't all believe in the same things (except CS's). I agree we should all get together just to meet but without deciding if we want to go because we're pro or anti this or that. It should have a "family reunion" flavor to it, I believe. As for where to host it, I'm too far away from the majority to suggest any place.
Steve
[/quote]

Steve makes a good point here. This may also be a limiting factor. Maybe we could do a roadside clean up or something for the betterment of the world where ever we go and that would bring out the media and some recognition. Who knows, I guess my big point is similar to what Steve says the more strings attached the more limiting the event becomes and I would hope we would want all CS owners to feel welcome and at ease.

Hook

Mustanglvr

this is rhonda's sister again and my thought on the get together idea(mainly cuz ill have to be ridin shotgun through the entire event...)is maybe you could start at one point and do a funrun type thing to another point like the bikers here and across our great nation do for toys for tots every year.just a suggestion but it works for them.oh and personally i cant wait for the barbeque and fireworks at the end!!! can you???

Mosesatm

[quote author=Mustanglvr link=board=1;threadid=1835;start=0#msg11962 date=1119715122]
[/quote]

Here's the old cemetery thing again....I was in charge of desiging and building a burial garden at Chapel Hill Cemetery, in Littleton, that centered around the 13 wooden crosses you've all heard so mucn about. The guy from Illinois who made the original crosses made another set for this garden. We recently replaced the wood crosses with granite crosses from Cold Spring, Minnesota. If I can ever get pictures to post I'll post some of the original garden with the wood crosses.

Sarge

I like Hook's idea of regional gatherings, and would be all for it. I know of 4 members (or contributors) that are spread from the SF Bay Area out to Sacramento. I don't think it would take too much work to get together for a BBQ or lunch or whatever at a "central location"... From there, who knows? :)

Robert

Mustanglvr

Thats really wonderful Arlie. I bet it is a beautiful memorial. Rhonda

Russ

Here is another suggestion. One of the most beautiful locations anywhere is the very small town of Kanab, Utah. The attractions and national parks around Kanab include the north rim of the Grand Canyon, Zion Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Cedar Breaks and Coral Pink Sands. The town is a great hub for this kind of event and the town's people love to have auto events. If anyone is interested, I could set up a cruise/tour event for one day or five. Also, this is a fairly central area for west coast and midwest GT/CS owners. Just an idea,
Russ ;D

OP
OP
hookedtrout

hookedtrout

[quote author=Russ link=board=1;threadid=1835;start=0#msg11984 date=1119793066]
Here is another suggestion. One of the most beautiful locations anywhere is the very small town of Kanab, Utah. The attractions and national parks around Kanab include the north rim of the Grand Canyon, Zion Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Cedar Breaks and Coral Pink Sands. The town is a great hub for this kind of event and the town's people love to have auto events. If anyone is interested, I could set up a cruise/tour event for one day or five. Also, this is a fairly central area for west coast and midwest GT/CS owners. Just an idea,
Russ ;D
[/quote]

I like!

How far out would we need to establish a known place in order to assure we would get the hotel accomodations etc needed if we get a small crowd together? I say we need to start putting together a list of places and what the attraction to the place is so we can eventually make a decision if we plan to move forward on an 08 date.

I'll add these;

West Yellowstone, MT or Jackson Hole Wy. Area attractions, Cruise through Yellowstone National Park, Grand Teton National Park. Wildlife, fishing, camping, hiking, biking and all the beauty you can stand and then some.

Eureka, CA. Redwood National Forest.

Colorado Springs, CO

Durango, CO. Silverton to Durango train ride

Coeur d' Alene, ID lakes and moutains amusement park called Silverwood.

Sun Valley, ID

I'm sure there are lots more.

Hook

Russ

Boy Hook, It sounds like a six week vacation!!! When do we go??? As far as the Kanab get-together, we could do it in the summer of '06, no problem.
Russ

OP
OP
hookedtrout

hookedtrout

[quote author=Russ link=board=1;threadid=1835;start=0#msg11986 date=1119806732]
Boy Hook, It sounds like a six week vacation!!! When do we go??? As far as the Kanab get-together, we could do it in the summer of '06, no problem.
Russ
[/quote]

I'm just throwing out locations that would offer some beauty and recreational type settings that we could meet up at similar to Kanab. I know some great hikes in Grand Teton NP, the nice thing will be to hold it somewhere where somebody knows the area a little bit so they can offer some ideas of things to see or do. I'm for anyone of them. My thinking is there are probably some that have never seen these places and have wanted to go and would possibly take the time seeing that it would offer the chance to see a place like Yellowstone if they have never been, we could meet up for a weekend and take a scenic cruise one day and from there people could do as they please and see the sights. Some of the locations I mention I have never been but they are on my list of places to see some day.

As for when, I think we need to plan it out far enough that those working their cars over would have time to get them ready for the trip and save up for the weekend. If we don't gain some interest in doing it then I'm game for 06 and I'll meet you in Kanab, I know my way there well and you and I can go cruise Zion or Bryce or the Grand C. I'd probably never have my car painted and beautiful but it's running and in good enough condition to go today for all that matters.

Hook

hcsstang

Just keep talking about the scenic place that you mentioned and I'm game. I'll fly and rent a car but I'll bring pictures of my HCS. I'm to old for camping but would love to see some of the National Parks.

OP
OP
hookedtrout

hookedtrout

[quote author=hcsstang link=board=1;threadid=1835;start=0#msg11988 date=1119827482]
Just keep talking about the scenic place that you mentioned and I'm game. I'll fly and rent a car but I'll bring pictures of my HCS. I'm to old for camping but would love to see some of the National Parks.
[/quote]

Maybe you can rent one from Jason. ;D

Hook

rvrtrash

I like the Yellowstone idea. I haven't been there in a few years. Of course, I would have to recommend Coeur d'Alene since I live here. Silverwood is like a small Disneyland so the whole family would have a good time and they sponser a couple of car events a year. They might be glad to have us. I think I could find enough things to do to wear everyone out. Party on the patio at my house naturally.
Steve

meadowsdk28

There are alot of great ideas about this. I'm fairly new to this sight and was wondering has anyone tried this before? I figure it's kind of like woodstock. That was supposed to be just a concert. Just decide a date and place and "If WE build it, WE will come". I would love to do a "GTCS/HSC Mustangs Across America" kind of thing.

I am with Hook in that it shouldn't really begin as anything other than a get together. There are now so many people I have got to meet one day. So many burning questions...

Like I said, although I would like to see something in a Kansas City, Denver, Tulsa, Lincoln or St Louis area, I would go regardless. (even the city Hook ;D)

OP
OP
hookedtrout

hookedtrout

[quote author=meadowsdk28 link=board=1;threadid=1835;start=15#msg12021 date=1119884652]
Like I said, although I would like to see something in a Kansas City, Denver, Tulsa, Lincoln or St Louis area, I would go regardless. (even the city Hook ;D)
[/quote]

Oh now you city guys kill me. ;)

Hook

meadowsdk28

[quote author=hookedtrout link=board=1;threadid=1835;start=15#msg12038 date=1119898911]
[quote author=meadowsdk28 link=board=1;threadid=1835;start=15#msg12021 date=1119884652]
[/quote]

Oh now you city guys kill me. ;)

Now Hook, I specifically put AREA in there for you!!

Hook
[/quote]

OP
OP
hookedtrout

hookedtrout

As long as the AREA has 10,000 foot peaks, crystal clear streams, trout sipping flies, forested mountains, wildlife galore and no crowds. I should feel right at home. ;)

Hook