• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

collector car insurance

66hcs-conv

Hi all,

So who do you have your collector car insured with?

We have Hagerty now and looking at options for insurance.

Thanks, Dave

sam

I've used American Car Collectors out of New Jersey

Batgirl89

We are in California. I use State Farm Ins. (all my autos: 12, trailers, home, rentals)
We have a(numbers matching)'65 corvette under the "classic car" policy. Insured value: $49,999. (over $50k they need the appraisal, which we should do, cars are going up in value!) $250/deductibles, Road side assistance, cost: $356/year.
Our mustangs, Bronco, Chevy Trucks, comet, are insured for their value ($10k-40k) $250 deductibles, Road side assistance and cost $250-$410. year. They are under a "drive and save program", price goes off actual miles driven.

Don

State Farm for us also. Classic/Specialty/Collector car required me to bring it in to our agent and he photo documented and then submitted for approval. Got approved and it was much cheaper than what Hagerty quoted.

BroadwayBlue

I have had Hagerty all along and very happy with them so far.

Paying about $600/year for both my 68 CS and my 96 GT Convertible at $35K and $12K agreed values respectively with unlimited mileage.

Also includes Roadside Assistance on all the cars I own, not just my Mustangs.

I've had to use the Roadside Assistance twice, once for my 68 and once for my 96. Fast reimbursement when needed and very helpful in getting assistance quickly.

BigJim

I used to have Hagerty until after completing a 3 year frame off resto on a 69 Camaro they told me it was on me to find Camaros similar to mine that sold for the appraised value of mine before they would insure it for the appraised value. I could not believe they wanted me to do their research. So I told them to shove it and switched the Camaro and GT/CS to Grundy. They gave me the appraised value of both cars at a lower rate then Hagerty.

BroadwayBlue

I used to have Hagerty until after completing a 3 year frame off resto on a 69 Camaro they told me it was on me to find Camaros similar to mine that sold for the appraised value of mine before they would insure it for the appraised value. I could not believe they wanted me to do their research. So I told them to shove it and switched the Camaro and GT/CS to Grundy. They gave me the appraised value of both cars at a lower rate then Hagerty.

Wow never had to get mine appraised. Just sent pictures and they gave me the value which I was very happy with. A year later they wanted to raise the CS another $10K for a minor bump in premium.

Curious to know if you dealt with Hagerty directly or through an independent agent?

BigJim

I did the appraisal because I had just completed a 3 year frame rotisserie restoration and wanted to know what the car was worth.

I dealt directly with Hagerty.