• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 How do you take off the windshield wipers!?

davidathans

Hey eveyone, i have disconnected everything under the dash, but i cannot pull it all out until i pop off the windshield wipers.

I have spent the last 20 minutes trying to pop off the driver side windshield wiper. It is impossible!

any helpful tips would be greatly appreciated.

I noticed a little clip and i've been trying to pry it up with a flat head screwdriver and then pull on the wiper, but it is not working.

thanks for your help again!

Mosesatm

Hey eveyone, i have disconnected everything under the dash, but i cannot pull it all out until i pop off the windshield wipers.

I have spent the last 20 minutes trying to pop off the driver side windshield wiper. It is impossible!

any helpful tips would be greatly appreciated.

I noticed a little clip and i've been trying to pry it up with a flat head screwdriver and then pull on the wiper, but it is not working.

thanks for your help again!

Place a towel on the cowl to protect the paint, and place a block of wood (or other solid object) on the towel. Then use your screwdriver to pry up on the rear of the wiper, using the block for leverage. The clip in front usually does nothing, but if it's actually doing its job go ahead and release it after you pry up on the rear a little. The clip will be under pressure so it should POP a little when it releases.

Last edited:

franklinair

Whaddaya mean when when you're in your fifties??? I'd have to BACK-UP 20 years to do that!!:eek:

That W/S wiper tool looks like an old fashioned beer can opener!

Neil

Midnight Special

Whaddaya mean when when you're in your fifties??? I'd have to BACK-UP 20 years to do that!!:eek:

That W/S wiper tool looks like an old fashioned beer can opener!

Neil

...Beer opening tools take many forms ;-)

Attachments

• IM001728.jpg
    IM001728.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 31

robert campbell

...Beer opening tools take many forms ;-)

Tim,
To funny!!! I use the door latch that attaches to the door frame of any older Ford. They were all the same and work like a champ. Although some spilliage may occur on the door sill...... Small price to pay on a hot day with no opener!!!

Rob