• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

What are they worth?

mikegtcs1968

I have an opportunity to buy the orginal metal molds used to make the 68 conv. decklid, endcaps, side scoops, and hood from a private collector. I went today to take pictures and to verify their authenticity. They are in very good condition, with only minor work needed to make production ready. They are very big and heavy, needing a forklift to move. Any opinions on what the market value of these things could be worth?

Mosesatm

[quote author=mikegtcs1968 link=board=1;threadid=2212;start=0#msg15083 date=1128668693]
I have an opportunity to buy the orginal metal molds used to make the 68 conv. decklid, endcaps, side scoops, and hood from a private collector. I went today to take pictures and to verify their authenticity. They are in very good condition, with only minor work needed to make production ready. They are very big and heavy, needing a forklift to move. Any opinions on what the market value of these things could be worth?
[/quote]

Are you looking to buy them and resell them, or make decklids out of them, or just think they might be cool to have?

OP
OP
M

mikegtcs1968

Probably buy them to resell, I'll have to see what kind of market their is for remanufactured parts. I know most of the reproduction stuff out there fits like crap, so some orginal fitting parts made with orginal tooling may be worth quite a premium.

68MustangHCS

[quote author=jbsteven link=board=1;threadid=2212;start=0#msg15144 date=1128737836]
call Branda
[/quote]

For original, I'd see what to going rates for repro and add 20%. Or just sell that kind of stuff on ebay and see what people are willing to pay.