• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Window Crank Knob

nates68

CAN ANY ONE HELP ME FIGURE OUT HOW TO PUT THE KNOB ON MY HANDLE.?

I KNOW IT SHOULD BE EASY BUT MINE KEEPS FALLING OFF. THANKS FOR ANY HELP.

NATES68:undecided

teamlo

For the 1968 window crank knob, I set the knob face down on a cotton shop towel on my workbench to protect it. Then I place the window crank handle on top of that. Then place the retainer pin into the hole and pound the heck out of it with a soft mallet until tight.

Hope that helps.

Terry

CALIF GIRL

For the 1968 window crank knob, I set the knob face down on a cotton shop towel on my workbench to protect it. Then I place the window crank handle on top of that. Then place the retainer pin into the hole and pound the heck out of it with a soft mallet until tight.

Hope that helps.

Terry

That is exactly how I did it.

franklinair

Similar - I protected the knob with a folded cloth and then used a vise to compress the retainer into the knob.

Neil

OP
OP
nates68

nates68

Thanks Terry, I Took Your Advice It Worked Fine. Thanks To All For Your Help.

Nates68