• The intent of this Restoration Reference forum is to provide a collection of technical, accurate details to help others in their restorations. These Reference Articles can include photos, descriptions, diagrams, part numbers, concours rules, etc.

PLEASE ONLY POST VARIFIED INFORMATION. This is a technical forum and the information needs to be as accurate as possible. Please don't post things you've heard second hand or think you remember reading somewhere.

You may reply to an Article, but only if it serves to give more information or clarify a detail in that Article. These should be a presentation of fact more than a discussion. Off-topic responses will be deleted or moved.

Thanks!
  • Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Deluxe interior pictures

390cs68rcode

Here are some deluxe interior shots. The AC vents and heater/AC controls are not correct since this car was originally a non AC car. Everything else should be dead on original.

Attachments

• P6290025a.jpg
    P6290025a.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 354
  • P6290026a.jpg
    P6290026a.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 359
  • P6290029a.jpg
    P6290029a.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 374
  • P6290034a.jpg
    P6290034a.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 298

franklinair

I'm getting ready to put the Deluxe interior in my C/S. I need the measurements and/or photos to show the location & size of the cutouts for the lower door grill speakers & courtesy lites. Anyone got??

Neil

Ruppstang

Neil if you haven't all ready got one I could make you a paper template off my door. Let me know. Marty

mojocat27

dk red/maroon interior

Can some one post pics of dk red/maroon interior. Looking to restore mine back to the original color and wanna know what it will look like.

dalorzo_f

Debating adding the door trims to a non-deluxe I am modifying. I see NPD sells the trim panels, I am assuming they screw to the door. Looking at minimal molestation to the car, so it can easily be reverted back to its original condition if I ever resell, or just want to go back to original.

There was a light, as well as a speaker as noted. In order to avoid cutting (you can never go back) could a light wire be carefully added with some DIY effort to get a near-correct look door light and just blow off the speaker and cover the opening with the grille? Not sure how the light wire routed and am hoping a minimal intrusion, or clever surface mount, may work?

How many screws hold the panel, and does anyone know if it would be possible to mount without adding any holes? Again not adverse to a bit if DIY fabrication to accomodate.

franklinair

To mount the light and/or speaker, you have no choice but to cut the lower door skin.:sad:

Neil