• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 NOS dash pad wanted

volvotech06

My GT/CS still has the original black dash pad installed but it is starting to warp and bubble, time to replace. I've yet to find a reproduction with the correct looking grain pattern. Does anyone have a line on a good used or NOS lack dash pad? Or does anyone no of a reproduction that does have the correct OEM grain pattern to it?

Ruppstang

There are no correct reproductions that I know of and I have never seen a NOS pad.
I do find some restorable original from time to time. I do not currently have one though.
Marty

franklinair

Anyone got a photo of each: original & repro?
I think I have one (original)

Neil

franklinair

Shouldn't this thread be in the Classified section?

Checked my stash: I do have a used original dash pad in excellent condition- no ripples, bulges, speaker perforation area perfect. I can dye it to make it look brand new. What color do you want? $200 + UPS. If you want it, PM me with name& address.

Neil

Last edited:
OP
OP
volvotech06

volvotech06

That is a great deal! I am very interested. Do you have experience dying the dash pads? do you have any pictures of it?

franklinair

Yes, in my 40+ years of restoring Mustangs I've done a few. :rolleyes:

Neil

Attachments

• 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 037.jpg
    037.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0194.JPG
    IMG_0194.JPG