• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Painting Question

joaco182

I it necessary to paint the car prior to installing the headliner? If so, what are the concequences of trying to do so after the headliner is installed?

BigJim

If you install the headliner first how would you paint the underside of the roof?

franklinair

How extensive is the planned paint job? Color change?
Are you planning to remove the windshield & rear window trim? Window seals?
It is not necessary to remove the headliner unless you are planning to paint the interior of the roof, as BigJim mentioned.
I have done an extensive paint job with a color change- removed trim pieces, seals, AND side window seals & retainers. But did not have to remove the headliner, as I did not repaint the roof interior.
Here's the 'before', 'during', and 'after' photos of an extensive & color change paint job.

Neil

Attachments

• 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 38
  • 025.jpg
    025.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 30
  • 061.jpg
    061.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 35

mbsf1970

Neil, I did not know that your highland green car was once Gulfstream Aqua.......harumph!!
Either was she's a beauty!