• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 dash pad

cool68

need help any tips on installing new dash pad......and do i have to notch a part of the pad for the vin plate ..if so please tell me how....would love to see a pics

OP
OP
cool68

cool68

an update dash almost in....it wasn't... to bad...if anyone needs help please let me know:smile:

Attachments

• dash68 001.jpg
    dash68 001.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 32
  • dash68 002.jpg
    dash68 002.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 36
  • dash68 003.jpg
    dash68 003.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 32
  • dash68 004.jpg
    dash68 004.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 32

dalorzo_f

No worries, easy tip and the best way I found to fit new (or even old OEM) pads.

Looks good! Is the deluxe dash new? Looks that way, is it the drake version or an OEM style with just stick on vinyl over the bases?

OP
OP
cool68

cool68

hello

No worries, easy tip and the best way I found to fit new (or even old OEM) pads.

Looks good! Is the deluxe dash new? Looks that way, is it the drake version or an OEM style with just stick on vinyl over the bases?
they are the drake versions and they are metal backed....a lot of trimming and detailing :smile:

OP
OP
cool68

cool68

[QUOT E=d alorz o_f;97893]How do they apply? Just glue, or with tabs as the '67 deluxe?[/QUOTE]

I took a knife and I melted Them on like
the factory from the back

dalorzo_f

Melted??? So they have plastic pins like the steering wheel emblems? The 67s have metal tabs that stick thru and fold over... any pics?

I ask as I am looking into making custom hand laid veneer dashes for 67-68 and also brushed aluminum inserts for the two years too...