• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Ebay Account Guard

Mustanglvr

When I click on the "NEW POSTS" link above on this site my Ebay account guard brings up a banner that reads "SPOOF SITE". Is anybody else having this problem?

admin

Staff member
Administrator
That's a new one. Does it only happen when you click that particular link, or elesewhere on the site too?

Is anyone else getting this warning?

The only ebay related thing I have is the auction links down the side, which are provided directly from eBay. You wouldn't think their own system would cause spoof warnings.

I may have to install that toolbar to see what's going on. Thanks for letting me know.

68gt390

Jon;
I used the "New Post" link and nothing happened with my ebay toolbar or account guard. It stayed docile as a lamb. When I use any of the ebay links on the left then my account guard light pops on as it should and works fine.

Don

BroadwayBlue

68gt390 said:
Jon;
I used the "New Post" link and nothing happened with my ebay toolbar or account guard. It stayed docile as a lamb. When I use any of the ebay links on the left then my account guard light pops on as it should and works fine.

Don

I'm not having a problem with the New Posts link.
Just downloaded toolbar today.
Don, when/how does your accoutn guard light pop on? I don't get that. Are you already logged in to eBay or logging in when you click on the link?

68gt390

Rich;
My account guard light on the toolbar pops on anytime I click on a link that takes me to ebay to show it's a valid ebay site. If that light doesn't come on it tells me I'm on a spoof site. Keep in mind - In order to use the ebay toolbar and account guard you have to be using Microsoft Internet Explorer. It want work with anyother browser. Also be sure you have your toolbar visable at the top of your screen. If it's hidden you won't see it working. I also had to rearrange some of my different toolbars with my DSL hookup to get it to work correctly. This toolbar should also work with paypal since ebay owns both sites.

Don

BroadwayBlue

Thanks Don!
I see it now. I am using IE. I just didn't have the account guard icon visible.
I thought it was some kind of popup or the ebay symbol "lit" up. I got it now.
Thanks!