• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

safety belts

gt bandit

Has anyone fitted safety belts into the rear of a CS ? , is there kits available from anyone ?

I know its not probably the done thing , but the resident safety expert in our house wont let anyone ride without them ! :cry:

PFSlim

Gt Bandit

Are you refering to regular seat belts or are you talking about retro fitting a new version of restraint?

If you are talking about regular seat belts, you just need to lift your rear seat and remove. There are threaded attachments that are used to run bolts into holding seat belts.

Let us know if you need more help.

Paul

390cs68rcode

PFSlim said:
Gt Bandit

Are you refering to regular seat belts or are you talking about retro fitting a new version of restraint?

If you are talking about regular seat belts, you just need to lift your rear seat and remove. There are threaded attachments that are used to run bolts into holding seat belts.

Let us know if you need more help.

Paul

ditto :smile:

Mosesatm

I think Dallas Mustang specializes in reconditioned Mustang seat belts but IMHO they are expensive. There are always 3 or 4 sets or partial sets on eBay too.

Last edited:

PFSlim

Make sure you buy original seat belts. The aftermarket stuff is not that good and does not match at all. The best thing to do is to ask here if someone could help, then search ebay. The original seat belts are worth the time to find and install in the car.

You will also need mounting bolts and spacers. If these do not come with the belts, you can buy these aftermarket.

Paul

Mosesatm

Don't the rear selt belts have a clear rubber/plastic cover on them where they attach to the rear bulkhead?

hookedtrout

hookedtrout said:
What color are you looking for?

Cory

I have some, need to know what color you need and I'd need to go check specifically what I have (not sure if they are front or rear) and what I'd be willing to get rid of.

I'll help if I can. Let me know the color as I don't want to go out and dig for them if I don't need to.

Cory

rvrtrash

Mosesatm said:
Don't the rear selt belts have a clear rubber/plastic cover on them where they attach to the rear bulkhead?

Mine did.
Steve