• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. Book Update: Hit the Ground Running!

P

PNewitt

I wanted to let everyone know about the status of the book, and where it's going from here, as of today, March 8th.

The basic layouts are complete, and overall, about 70% of it is done. There is some writing and lots of those small things to do that take more time than they should, such as permission from newspapers, ad agencies, getting photos from collectors, etc. etc...

I have a plethoria of restoration and concours information, that I know you'll love. Jeff Speegle has notated what parts are what color, etc., and like an instruction sheet to an AMT model kit, you'll know everything. You'll be able to dissassemble your CS, and clean up and paint each part, then reassemble it accurately.

There are lots of "WOW" things you'll like to see, too.

Here is the schedule as of now:

If you missed reading about it, I lost my mother on Feb 26th. Her memorial service was March 7th. I'm taking her ashes to Yakima, WA. for a week later this month. There have been many things to do and arrange for her, and I was unable to tend to the book in February (my apologies). When I get home, I'll hit the ground running to wrap up the book. This week, I'll get the letters of approval out for photos, data, etc, so those people can respond while I'm gone. I'm also sending letters out to each person who ordered a book(s) to let them know the status of the book, that are not on the net. Besides, it's the ethical thing to do.

I have to send the book to Ford first for approval, as per my license. I hope that takes little time. Then, the printer will need 3-4 weeks to print it. I'm going to do my best to get this book out by late May or June. We'll probably have some sort of "Summer Book signing party" (somewhere in No. Cal., then So Cal, and you're all are invited! to kick it off.

This experience with losing my mother has shown me just how special all of you are. What it tells me is that we really are like a family, and that we would support (and have) any situation any of us might need, be it a car-related problem or personal. Once the book is completed, I look forward to doing just that, and doing what I can to get us together more at events, and produce some nice GT/CS items that we've been talking about for a long time--both for early and late models.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Paul M. Newitt
P.O. Box 427, Danville, CA 94526

Doug

[ We'll probably have some sort of "Summer Book signing party" (somewhere in No. Cal., then So Cal, and you're all are invited! to kick it off.]

I vote kicking it off at Galpin.

franklinair

A 'Gathering' sounds GREAT!! I've been looking for a reason to head west again. Just let me know where & when, and I'll try to be there.

Neil

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

I'd have to run it by Beau and Tiffany, but maybe we could make the Galpin (GAS) Event on the Day before Knott's every year?

I think it should be a pay-as-you-go event, because it's not cheap to put on a BBQ and car show.

It's too late to do it this year, but maybe next year?

We'll have to also set up a No. Calif location (another Ford Dealership?) to do the same thing.

I'll try to think of something.
Thanks for your support.

Paul.

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

As of today (March 18, 2009) Everyone who has pre-ordered a book, was mailed a notice as to the status of the book's completion.

- Paul.