• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Nashville Post Show

mach1baby390

Well it sure was nice to meet all other GT/CS & HCS members, everyone seemed extremely nice and friendly. I thought the show was great as far as the very diverse group of cars in the crowd and the sincerity and making of new friendships. But!!!!! My biggest complaint and was the disorganization of the show. I know I know it was a very large show and it was quite an undertaking, but I truly believe that the club was in way over their head on this one, and of no fault of their own, but I believe along with hoards of other people there should have been some sort of committee put together from previous large shows i.e. the Charlotte shows on how to run a large show of this proportion. One of my friends and co-workers who headed up the registration end of things had no idea at the problems this brought, she is still overwhelmed after the fact. I brought two cars to the show, put them in the judges choice and one never even got judged. As we asked on Sunday at the awards table they all just shrugged their shoulders and said they didn't have enough people to oversee the judging, sorry. None of the cars were categorized together, they admitted they had to look for cars, they actually announced that they couldn't find cars??? As we pulled in on Sat we asked where to park they said way up in the corner, I responded the Shelby also, they said yeah all 67-68 cars up there, just wherever. Don't get me wrong I had a great time with the participants and looking at all the cars you probably won't see again, but come on if you are going to hold a show of this magnitude get some help from previous shows. Anyways thats my editiorial, I sure am glad I got to see faces to cybernames ;D

68gt390

I agree, the show was a lot of fun but, there was a lot of confussion by the staff members. I was pulling my car out Saturday afternoon and a judge stopped me to get my registration number and wanted to know if I had been judged yet. I was just there as a display car. The thing that upset me most was being parked on gravel and rocks. I was so afraid that while pulling in and out that a rock would shoot out from under my tires and into some ones car. All I heard when pulling in was rocks bouncing off my exhaust pipes. After getting out of the gravel pit I pulled off the side of the road and picked the rocks out of my tires. Anyhow, it was great to meet so many people you talk to on the internet and I'm sure many new friendships have been made.

Don :)

OP
OP
M

mach1baby390

Funny I talked to an MCA person today and they agreed that the show could have been judged a little better, they still have some 150 award plaques unclaimed due to people leaving early. I was told by many people that mine should have been in the concours class (I had the meadowlark yellow GT/CS) but I don't believe in judging every nut and bolt, I prefer to drive my cars and if a bolt gets dirty oh well, congrats to Tom in his award you had a nice car, I actually invite everyone to Bowling Green, KY the 1st weekend in Oct for the NMRA nationals, that is truly a nice 2 day show and shine and great racing for Mustang enthusiasts. I hope everyone got home alright without any major mishaps. I would like to get some of those plaques racingfan had for the dash and steering wheel, where did you get them and are their any more floating around??? Or an even better idea why don't we/ or someone who has the means make new plaques for members and display them proudly?? Well again great meeting everyone and hope to see you all again.
Scott

deestix

I have to agree with all your comments. I was there Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, and parked in three completely different places all 3 days. Not really that big a deal, but, it would have been nice to have the years/models better organized.
Your yellow GT/CS was stunning! One of my fav colors. My car was the Lime Gold GT/CS, with the 390. I tried to talk to as many Cal Sp owners as I could find. Had a great talk with the husband and wife owners of the other Lime Gold car (6-cyl) from VA. Who are you? Are you on line here?
Congrats to Tom E on his HCS win!

OP
OP
M

mach1baby390

You had a nice Gold GT/CS and sorry I didn't get to meet you, we were trying to see all we could and still didn't finish it all up, it would have been nice to get a group photo and post online maybe at the next big event

MArndt2001

LIME GOLD GT/CSs UNITE!!!! Sorry guys, I'm still high from Nashville and seeing another Lime Gold California Special.

Yes, I had that six cylinder at Nashville and I'll have it at Carlisle also. Hopefully I'll be seeing you all there again.

Mike and Jo Ann Arndt
Fredericksburg, VA

deestix

We GT/CS owners gotta stick together!! The group photo was a great idea. However, the logistics of that show field really made it impossible.
By the way, with my 390 2-bbl, round trip to Nashville, got 16 mpg on the highway, at 60-65 mph. Better than the 10mpg I was predicting before the trip!
I am really going to try to get to Fords at Carlisle, but that is a tough weekend for me, both for business and other personal reasons. My best bet right now will be Friday only. Will there be other GT/CS's there on Friday?
Richard R. from NJ

deestix

[quote author=MArndt2001 link=board=1;threadid=877;start=0#msg4950 date=1082945932]
LIME GOLD GT/CSs UNITE!!!! Sorry guys, I'm still high from Nashville and seeing another Lime Gold California Special.

Yes, I had that six cylinder at Nashville and I'll have it at Carlisle also. Hopefully I'll be seeing you all there again.

Mike and Jo Ann Arndt
Fredericksburg, VA

Mike and Jo Ann, nice to hear from you. It was great meeting you both and hanging with you a bit at the Nashville show. Looking forward to Carlisle also.
Richard R.

[/quote]

iexcelr8

[quote author=deestix link=board=1;threadid=877;start=0#msg4966 date=1083026187]

By the way, with my 390 2-bbl, round trip to Nashville, got 16 mpg on the highway, at 60-65 mph. Better than the 10mpg I was predicting before the trip!

Richard R. from NJ
[/quote]

Richard, I know what you're saying about gas mileage. I have an x-code convertible that I've converted to a GT/CS. When I rebuilt the engine, I went with a 4 bbl setup, an aluminum intake, Holley 600, hotter cam and other goodies. I still managed to squeak out about 13 MPG while maintaining 65-75 MPH over the course of 1100 miles to Nashville and back. I was satisfied with that, but the $2.09/gallon for gas in West Virginia was bit of a bear. :mad:

darb

Talk about gas guzzling and the gas prices! I live in So. California and it's cheap when you see $2.25 - Heck if you can find $2.15 you might as well pull over and fill up even if you don't need the gas because down here, a price like that is hard to come by.

I drive a 289 4-bbl with a new manifold, and even I still get terrible gas mileage. I'm not sure I even get 13 mpg, more like 7 - 10 mpg.

Brad

OP
OP
M

mach1baby390

Brad you might want to check your car out my yellow GT/CS gets an average of 20-22 mpg and my 68 Shelby gets about 20mpg, I live only about an 1 1/2 hours away from Nashville and I drove my Shelby to the show and my dad drove the GT/CS and we never went to the gas station on the whole round trip. BTW MCA never called me back on why they never judged all the cars, but I didn't expect them to.
Scott
Meadowlark Yellow GT/CS