• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Off-topic - Not a CS but...

OP
OP
F

Forsche

Wait! just noticed that the photo showing the vin tag has it not attached to the car! Wonder what is up with that?

dalorzo_f

Its a door data tag, not the VIN tag. Possibly a Marti repro as it looks very clean. Could see someone clear coating to protect the original paint, but devalue the car IMHO...

Nice looking car, would like to see the dealer docs for the tri-power!

CougarCJ

Nicely optioned car, The dealer must have added the tilt steering column too.:rolleyes:

As the saying goes......... "Extraordinary claims, require extraordinary proof or documentation"

OP
OP
F

Forsche

Nicely optioned car, The dealer must have added the tilt steering column too.:rolleyes:

As the saying goes......... "Extraordinary claims, require extraordinary proof or documentation"

As for the steering column, I wondered about that but thought it might be part of the GT package. Sound like it was not.

I agree on your last statement. I sent a note with a couple of questions about history and originality.

Thanks

franklinair

A NICE looking car...But: It's not a "survivor" as is your CS. Lacquer paint in '68? Nope. It seems to have a nice re-paint (base coat/clear coat?). Engine compartment has been re-painted (looks good). Hood hinges/springs have been refinished (looks good). All things considered, it's a nicely re-done '67 GT fastback. I like it... if everything checks out OK. I would guess a Mustanger owned & re-did the car to his/her taste. And it looks like a nice job.

Neil