• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale 1965 Shelby 427 Cobra S/C Replica - Sale or Trade

mike in CA

1965 Shelby Cobra 427 S/C replica by Factory Five Racing.

SB100 Smog Exempt in California.

All NEW parts were used to build. This car is far from your stock replica and not a donor build. Virtually every area has been upgraded and modified for better performance. Car only has 1300 miles on it.

The chassis has lowered and extended foot boxes on both sides.
Cobra Earls Powered Vent Kit on Both sides.
The Steering rack is a Flaming River Rack and Pinion.
Four wheel adjustable coil over Koni shocks.
Fully adjustable heavy duty racing sway bars front and back.
Tubular upper and lower control arms.
Brakes are Cobra R four wheel disc with 13" slotted and drilled Rotors in front with 4 piston Cobra logo calipers and same type 11.75" rotors and Calipers in the rear.
All stainless steel lines.
The rear end is a 8.8 Independent Rear Suspension with 3:73 gearing.(I also have a spare center section in case different gearing is desired).
Team III Halibrand Replica 17" wheels with spinners and lug nut covers
Nitto tires.

Tremec TKO 3550 5 speed with mid shift Kit.
Hurst shifter.
Wooden gearshift knob with Cobra logo.
Quicktime Scattershield Steel Bell Housing.
Heavy duty racing clutch and pressure plate.

Engine is a 408 Stroker putting out 530 H.P. at the flywheel and 430 H.P. at the wheels. It gives you the torque, speed, and sound of a big block with the handling characteristics of a small block.

The engine was custom built with the best parts.
Eagle stoker kit.
Comp roller cam, roller rockers and chain.
Comp lifters.
Eagle Forged pitons.
Super Cooler high volume water pump.
Melling high volume oil pump.
Holly high volume fuel pump.
Canton 9.5 qt. baffeled racing pan.
Oil filter relocator.
Oil Thermostat.
Original type Mocal oil cooler.
Headers and side pipes are ceramic coated.
Edlebrock Victor Jr. Heads and intake manifold.
March polished aluminum serpentine pullys.
All fuel, oil and brake lines are braided stainless steel with AN fittings.
Polished one wire alternator.
Front mount Optima battery.
Has over size aluminum radiator with a high volume electric cooling fan.
Polished aluminum over flow canister.
Cobra logo aluminum valve covers and air cleaner.
Holly 4150 750 cfm double pumper with pressure guage.
MSD 6 al ignition.
MSD Distributor.
Msd coil.

Interior has been upgraded to better carpet.
Leather seats with seat heaters.
5 point Simpson seat belt harneses.
Herbs finished door panels with pockets,
Fully lined with Second Skin sound and heat insulation.
A custom console with vent and heated seat controls and a glove box that is lockable.
Russ Thompson turn signal and headlight switch
Gauges are Autometer Sport Comp II electronic gauges.
Trunk is carpeted with a hidden storage compartment.
Ray dot Side mirror.
Custom grab bar
Hidden roll bar mount.
Roll bar and quick jacks are powder coated.
Upgraded Finish Line side vents.
Upgraded polished aluminum roll bar trim rings and seat belt trim rings.
Upgraded polished aluminum brake handle and trim ring.
Aluminum racing pedals.
Wind wings and visors.
Aluminum turn signal arm with bright switch.
Aluminum light switch.
Cigarette lighter/power socket.
Cobra Logo floor mats.
Cobra logo valve stem caps.

The color is a one of a kind custom mix blue with white stripes painted by Ken Pike AKA Street Rod Painter (SRP).
It is Kens # 3 package with the addition of his custom heavy duty hood hinge kit with pistons and rolled fender edges.

The package includes:
Rolled cockpit edges.
Hidden body mounts.
Extended deck under hood scoop.

This Cobra Replica is one of the best one's out there. There are many more upgrades not mentioned. There are receipts for 53K which does not include the 5 years of time to build it. I am open to reasonable offers or trades. Serious only! No low ballers.

I also have a very nice enlosed car trailer that would be available to buyer at additional cost.

This car is built for one thing, and that is to go fast and handle well and it does that better then most cars on the road.

I also have front and rear bumper hoops and over riders if you want to change the look.

A fitted Bra.

Extra pair of uncoated side pipes

It is currently setup to look like a race car, but all that would need to be purchased is a chrome roll bar and mount the bumpers and hoops that I already have and coat the spare side pipes silver and you have a show car.

I would like to get as close to $50K as possible but am open to offers. I am also willing to trade for an equivilent value 72 or older car with an automatic trans or a lesser value 72 or older car and some cash. Most will say that you can buy an FFR for much less and that is true. Just not like this one. I might even trade for another Cobra or replica with an Auto trans if it is also SB100 smog exempt.

Muscle Cars I would be interested in trading for are cars with Automatic trans, two doors, bucket seats, floor shifter with unmodified interior or body. Cars like Mustang, GTO, Challenger, Cuda, Charger, Road Runner, Camero, Corvette, Etc. I like original looking muscle cars. Modified older Hot Rods are also ok. I prefer big block engines, but not required. I am not interested in any car with a bench seat or column shifter.

Attachments

• Picture 175.jpg
    Picture 175.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 83
  • rear of Cobra no plate.jpg
    rear of Cobra no plate.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 79
  • Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 88
  • Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 82
  • Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 77
OP
OP
mike in CA

mike in CA

Never Mind. I decided to keep it. The new suspension makes it ride so nice now that even with the clutching, it does not throw my back out like it used too. So unless someone comes up with a really really great trade, I am keeping it.

Mike