• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Mustang Emblem

nfrntau

Can any of you tell me how the Mustang emblem is attached to the rear deck lid?
And how to get it off without messing it up? (the emblem or the deck lid)

Thanks

jk89cat

it has pins and slides into barrel clips. are you planning on reusing it? if you are not just take some good locking pliers and gently pull it off . or you can gently pry behind it to get it off . justin

case12

It is mounted with little "barrel nuts" I think they are called. You slip the barrel nuts onto the chrome pegs and when you put the pegs into the openings the barrel nut expands. I was told to take mine off by just carefully prying it off with a screw driver (careful with the paint). Of course, I was terrified of cracking the fiberglass - but I did it and it just popped right off. The new one comes with the barrel nuts which you slip onto the peg and it all just snaps into place. Casey

P

PNewitt

If you pull it straight out--it will be OK. Wrap a screwdriver with a cloth or something, to not scratch the paint.

You have to be careful not to pull those barrell nuts out, only because they are set into fiberglass--not sheet metal, and if you enlarge the hole, you might have problems.

This is something to be real careful repairing.

BTW--the placement of this enblem is another thing to look for--since the clones usually don't have it in the right place--or it's missing.

Paul N.

case12

To Paul's point about the holes maybe becoming a little too big - I had this problem and a little tid bit that worked for me was that I could "wrap" a barrel nut around one already on the post (using some needle nose pliers), making it thicker on the post. Worked like a charm and filled the bigger holes nice and snug. Casey