• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. rear end lube

66hcs-conv

Hi all,

I want to change the rear end lube in the '66. I would hate to think how long the present lube has been in there.

The specs in the original shop manual refer to a C1AZ-19580-E or F, with a Ford spec ESW-M2C50-A. BUT, those specs are from 48 years ago, and I can't find any rear end lube with those numbers.

So, what would be a good rear end lube to use, and what weight? Is a synthetic OK to use?

Thanks, Dave

Last edited:

franklinair

Google C1AZ-19580-E. Any parts house should have it, or a cross reference to a different brand. I even found it on e-bay.

Neil

franklinair

To remove the old lubricant, you need a flex hose to go into the fill port and suck it out. There is a suction tool to do this.

Neil