• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

FINALLY AFTER 25 YEARS OR SO......

GT_CS

Hi fellow enthusiasts, :) :) :)

Today has been a wonderful day for all members of our family especially my uncle Mustafa for his purchase, 25 years ago before i was actually born (Being 20 now) My father owned a very nice Lime/gold 1968 Mustang GT/CS and it was perhaps the only GT/CS in England U.K. After selling it a number of times and purchasing it back too he finally lost track of it, and at that time the car only increased in value! My uncle Mustafa at this point was only about 10 years old and loved his older brothers car to bits (even cried to sleep for days when my father sold it!!) :'(

25 years later on 28/02/2005 we today picked up our 1968 ford mustang GT/CS from the ship port, we purchased the car from California in December 2004 and it was shipped last Month 21/01/2005 arriving today. The car is very original and has the following details:

1968 Ford Mustang GT/CS
Blackplate 'california' License Plates
58000 actual miles
289 2V Engine
Auto Transmission
Lime Gold w/ Matching Interior
Lucas Original Fogs
Original paint/Interior
ABSOLUTELY ZERO RUST!
Hood Turn Signals

according to the Kevin Marti Report:

A/C - Which Blows Ice Cold
Power Steering
Power Disc Brakes
Wire cover Wheels with white sidewall tyres
California Special

Being 20 years old the hype this morning was unbelieveable as i have never been in/owned a mustang (My father although did, he had many), this being a GT/CS hence more anticipation, i barely slept last night as today was the day i longed for many years and especially over the past 2 months, as i was constantly on top of getting the car shipped contacting the seller and not to forget sorting out the darn customs here in the UK!!!
when we eventually made it to the port this morning i was very excited and was feeling really light headed as if i was breathing a tank of helium!!!When a staff member of the shipping company drove the car out of the warehouse i nearly fainted (hahahaha :-[) IT WAS A DREAM COME TRUE - finally got the car loaded on the trailer and brought it home, where the excitement just amplified more! I couldn't get out of it or get bored of it!

I just wanted to share this with all you people as an experience that i had today of our first GT/CS Mustang since the 80's moreover i'm sure some of you felt the same thrill i did when you purchased yours! I'll post some pics ASAP!

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank all of you members of the registry for all your help and guidance and especially a huge thanks to John Mindedahl the seller, who was VERY HONEST and patient with this transaction and helped in any possible way he could to get the car to us! GREAT GENTLEMAN! ;)

bish

Awsome story, thanks for sharing!
We will look forward to your pictures.
Have fun!!! ;D

case12

Welcome to the world of GT/CS ownership - I agree with you that it is one awesome car. Your family history makes it even more special. We cant wait to see the pictures, and reading more about it as you get acquainted with your car. This is the best site I have been on, and look forward to every new car that comes to it. Casey

390cs68rcode

I can feel the excitement all the way down here in Texas.

enthusiasm is what keeps people happy in things and you sure have enough to keep you happy for awhile.

enjoy.

OP
OP
G

GT_CS

Here Goes

Attachments

• GTCS.jpg
    GTCS.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 24

Mustanglvr

:D WOW! What a beautiful car! You should be proud. I am so happy for you GT-CS. It looks like its got all the right stuff. Those floor mats even look original. Have fun! Rhonda

OP
OP
G

GT_CS

Hi Rhonda

Thankyou for the compliments on the car, the car is very original, the paint work is 37 years old too! those floor mats look like the originals, the feeling is great to have a car like this after many years!

Is your mustang in the gallery? i would like to see the pics of your highland green GT/CS - a very unique colour!

Mustanglvr

Hi GT-CS,
Thanks for the reply. Your car looks like it is in excellent conditon. It must have been garaged all of its life. How much do you plan to drive it? Is it going to be a daily driver or a Sunday driver? I drive mine whenever I can but I feel the more its on the road the more chance of an accident. You would`nt believe how many people have pulled out in front of me when I`ve been driving it. Its made me pretty nervous to say the least.
My car is, I think, what you`de call a 10 footer. It looks very sharp from 10 feet away but up close you can see the little chips in the paint and spots of rust starting on the bottom of the fenders. It is going to be repaired and repainted hopefully next year. I have to get those rust spots before they get too bad.
I haven`t got any pics in the gallery yet . I guess I have`nt gotten around to it yet. I will get that done soon. It is Highland green with saddle brown interior. Our town is having a St. Patricks day parade and I would like to drive it in the parade. in all its green glory but it needs a new distributer from what I`ve been told cuz it keeps going through points and the condensor every 500 miles. I guess I will shoot for the St. Patricks day parade of 2006. By then it should have its new paint job. Good luck with your car. It is a beauty. Rhonda

Sarge

It must have been garaged, as the steering wheel isn't cracked that I can tell, and the little bezel rings in the horn pad are still very dark. Congrats on the purchase, and I'll bet you turn a lot of heads in the UK with that one!!!
Robert :eek:

OP
OP
G

GT_CS

yeah she is a beauty Rhonda, and we plan to make it a summer time driver,so it is going into a very secure garage where it won't be subject to any moisture or water, it was garaged before we got it and it seems like it has been really cared for, i look foward to the pics of your car, preferably with the current paint job!!! haha - can't wait until next year!

Sarge - Thankyou, yes indeed the car hasn't got any defects on the steering wheel, or on the dashboard area, no cracks and definatley no rips on the seats! Very immaculate inside and outside. The car is absolutely rust free so it elevates its it authencity that much more! it turned many heads when it was on the trailer going home, once its registered it will be legal on the roads that's when the heads will really turn!

Regards