• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Small local show 2 miles from my house. Took 3 of my cars

390cs68rcode

Local show today at Hooters which is across the street from my office and 2 mile from my house. About 20-22 cars showed up. Figured I had to bring both of my CS's and my 68 coupe. A guy came up to me and said he has a 390 CS automatic with a BUNCH of options. Had it for almost 30 years.

All of my cars won a award and the gold coupe won a second award for "Hooters girls choice".

Fun day hanging around and talking with the Hooters girls (I am a regular at this location since my office is across the street). Bill showed up and we talked about cars and stuff.

hooters.jpg

hooters1.jpg

hooters2.jpg

hooters3.jpg

hooters4.jpg

hooters5.jpg

68gt390

Jason;
Congrats on the awards. . Our Hooter's here in Columbus had a show yesterday (6/18/05) and they had over 120 cars from info we received at the Earth Angels Cruise-In about 40 miles South of Columbus and they had over 585 cars at that Cruise-In followed by a concert by Tommy James & the Shondell's. Was a long day but, was well worth it. Gave out 70 trophy's and the CS managed to pick one up. I was supprised to get one with that many cars being there. Attended another Cruise (Indoor's at Westland Mall) today and had about 40 cars at that one and the CS got Best of Show.

How'd you get your pictures to post? Doing pic's as an attachment only allows 100 kb, not very good size to view.

Don

Attachments

• DSCF0017.JPG
    DSCF0017.JPG
    95.8 KB · Views: 16

Mosesatm

Uh, Jason, I think that was probably Bill that showed up. I was in Seattle. Either way, nice looking cars!

mmarsalone

Jason,

Are there two Ragin Cajuns in Houston now, or did they move? The one I remember when we lived there was on Richmond inside of 610. Being from New Orleans, my wife and I would stop by every now and then.

Mike

OP
OP
390cs68rcode

390cs68rcode

Arlie

For some reason I get you and bill mixed up from your online names and can never get it straight.

monkey, yes he has 3 of them now. Original one, the one at Westheimer and Gessner and one in Sugarland.

hookedtrout

Great pictures, all this and held at Hooters, what more could a guy ask for! ;) Next time you're over at Hooters talk them in to putting a Hooters in Island Park, Idaho. Tell them they can wear fleece goodies in the winter and I promise to support their cause. ;D

Hook

Mustanger

Jason,

Good Job on the show and congrats on the award!! This is always a great way to increase awareness about CS's to the masses... :)

rvrtrash

Congratulations on the wins. I attended a small show here but got there to late to officially enter (Girlfriend was dragging her feet and made me late) but showed the car anyway. One of the judges told me if I'd been on time I would have won best of show and class, and talking to the people probably would have got People's Choice. Oh well! Hey Hook, they're building a new Hooters in Spokane, about 20 miles from my house. Give you any ideas?
Steve

Mosesatm

[quote author=jbsteven link=board=1;threadid=1818;start=0#msg11756 date=1119268007]
Arlie

For some reason I get you and bill mixed up from your online names and can never get it straight.

[/quote]

I'm the better looking one 8)

Mustanglvr

:)Hey Jason,
How on earth do you decide which one of those nice Mustangs to drive? Rhonda

OP
OP
390cs68rcode

390cs68rcode

[quote author=Mustanglvr link=board=1;threadid=1818;start=0#msg11776 date=1119295252]
:)Hey Jason,
How on earth do you decide which one of those nice Mustangs to drive? Rhonda
[/quote]

it is quite a dilemma most of the time. The choice is easy when it is raining......the mercedes.

8)