• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale For sale in W. Virginia

whodat

Seen this on Facebook not mine
9e201a2d92718f69863350dd64f344c1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gtcs1

gt cs

Hi,

Do you have a link to this page? Was there a Marti report photo?

Thanks

franklinair

I went to Facebook and did a search for "1968 Mustang California Special" and it took me to a thread pertaining to Mustangs (including the ad). No Marti report, but an interesting site.

Neil

robert campbell

Very nice looking car, and needs some minor love such as door bumpers pads and such. Very nicely detailed and the pictures show it very well.

Underside appears to be painted with black paint. GT exhaust package is a nice add to the car, but more than likely not stock. Rear end is and 8 inch not a 9 inch, which would be stock for this car. As we know the engine would be a 2 barrel, not a 4 barrel as per the VIN number. It may have an add on 4 barrel, but could not see under the air cleaner.

All and all a nice looking car asking top dollar in my mind. I would buy Neil's car in a nano-second over this one. Neil's is completely done and a way nicer color scheme in my mind.

Rob

franklinair

When the pricing goes $30K+, folks shy away unless there's a "must have" chemistry with the potential buyer. (Ask me how I know.)
I'm more than content to keep my Highland Green CS, as it came out super. Perhaps when I complete my Black CS I'll have to decide to sell one. But I'll cross that bridge later.

Neil

Attachments

• 075.jpg
    075.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 22

ratrodgta

Neil, you are pretty coolio, have you always liked Mustangs, what was your first one

franklinair

:smile: My first Mustang was a '65 coupe, 289, 3 speed. Bought in 1968 when I came home after working in Africa.
Then I bought a 1969 Grande', 351, A/T, A/C, P/S. (Wish I still had it.)
I started 'restoring' Mustangs in the 70's. Quite a learning experience over the years. I've lost count of how many I've done, and '68's have always been my favorite.
I'm 77 now, and as long as my health holds up I'll keep plugging along. I'm now doing a CS- 302, A/T, A/C, P/B, P/S. It will be Black with a Nugget Gold Deluxe interior.
But, if you want Concourse quality, Marty Rupp is the go to guy.
Here's a few recents:

Attachments

• ALL PHOTOS 010.jpg
    ALL PHOTOS 010.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 31
  • ALL PHOTOS 266.jpg
    ALL PHOTOS 266.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 35
  • FullSizeRender (3).jpg
    FullSizeRender (3).jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 31
  • 008 (3).jpg
    008 (3).jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 30
  • 014 (2).jpg
    014 (2).jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 29
  • 018 (2).jpg
    018 (2).jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0171.jpg
    IMG_0171.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

ratrodgta

Neil, great memories.....great work. You are right, '68 is the best year, I say followed by '67. I did not like the post '68 cars ever, but now I appreciate them, prices through the roof, of course...... the Boss cars, etc. but the regular cars as well. I have the first Mustang I ever bought. It was 1980, a '67 convertible,,,,it sat in my dad's garage for 25 years with a puked tranny, now fixed. I will register my GTCS on here, ( it's under the radar, I have the Marti report, numbers match) , on it's 50th birthday , April 2018. It's nowhere near the perfection of your cars. It is Brittany blue, the paint evenly oxidized from the Cali sun, etc., somehow it actually looks cool with its semi-flat finish, almost a satin metallic blue, people here love it. 2 local collectors told me the same advice,,,,go carefully about dumping too much money into body work and paint yet, it's worth what it is, as it is - "You put 10,000 bucks in it and the money just sits there". BTW Neil, and I am quoting what I in person heard a Dutch national say to a politician/friend of JFK, "Stay forever young" :) Allen