• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 gt/cs cobra package for sale

dean

1968 Mustang GT/CS with Cobra package, PS,AT and air. VIN #8R01C151239. 40,000 original miles. Needs some work.missing 1 emblem in one of the rims,paint could probably be brought back to life with a little tlc. Original rims and fog lamps(as far as we know) Deluxe interior w/ bench seats, 289 cobra engine,has original 8 track player. asking $ 10,000.00 or b.o.

Attachments

• DSCF0003.JPG
    DSCF0003.JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 20

darb

My belief is the cobra package was the dress up kit, it came with the cobra air cleaner. I'm not sure what else was included in the package.

Brad

Calspecialdreamer

Any better pics available for this car? A/C work? Is the pic of the engine the original engine? Numbers match?

BrandonB

I know for a fact they make repo versions of the cobra dress kit for 289 because its sitting on my car at this very moment but I dont know about dealer wise.

OP
OP
D

dean

numbers do match, all original mileage. stored for 20 or so years, run's. unsure if a/c works (i will ask my friend) working on grtting better close up pic's of important features.hood latches,deck lid, fog lamps, scoops, etc. sorry i dont know more yet the car is a friends.....i will post all i find out a.s.a.p

classicsguy

Cobra dress up kit includes Valve covers, chrome oil cap, chrome oil dipstick and chrome radiator cap. It was available for 289ci engines. Forgot to include the chromed carburetor air filter cover. Please correct if I am wrong.

x-codegtcs

My understanding is that the cobra dress up kit referred to was a dealer kit and they never came from the factory that way (may be wrong).

The chrome air cleaner referred to above was most likely only available on the GT's as part of the chrome dress up kit. I say most likely as it seems that Ford surprises us all once in a while.

OP
OP
D

dean

the car is located in corning,ca about 1 and a half hours past sacramento....