• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

brand new Shelby CS6 Mustang!

68gt390

As with any of the specialty Mustangs of today you better have some pretty deep pockets. Seems it's all about the $$$$$ today. Think I'll just stay with my GT/CS.

Don ::)

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

This tends to change everything.

It seems that the new Mustang is SO popular, that high-dollar versions are coming out. Rousch, Steeda, Saleen, now Shelby (3, incl. the GT-500), etc., etc....

It looks like the deep pockets of the (wealthy) baby boomers are buying up toys like this everywhere. It's not about getting the same thing as a hand-built Shelby, like in 1965-67, but getting the name.

I agree with Don. This might seem like what is "HOT" right now, but it won't diminish the honor and values of the original GT/CS (and other stock Shelbys and Mustangs).

Paul N.

68gt390

There are some here that may not agree with me but, I kinda look at today's specialty Mustangs like fast food or some of the ready to eat meals you just pop in the oven. They take no work!! If you've got the money to spend just pop into your local dealer and shell out big money and you've got instant gratification.

Most of us (if not all) here on this site have spent many hours of personal labor putting our cars together (busted knuckles, banged heads not to mention sore backs) getting from point A to point B. I think that is one reason we can all take pride in what we have. To me there is no greater since of accomplishment than to pull the CS out of the garage and head to a local show. I've listened to comments made by folks at local shows who see those who like to pull up in their new Dodge Charger, PT Cruiser etc. at a local show and put them on display. That's not for me. I love to be able to talk to other folks about what they've done to their car and vice versa. But, I guess it all boils down to what some say - "To Each his Own". Just my thoughts on it.

Don ;D

Mustanglvr

[quote author=68gt390 link=board=1;threadid=2362;start=0#msg16438 date=1131579896]
There are some here that may not agree with me but, I kinda look at today's specialty Mustangs like fast food or some of the ready to eat meals you just pop in the oven. They take no work!! If you've got the money to spend just pop into your local dealer and shell out big money and you've got instant gratification.

Most of us (if not all) here on this site have spent many hours of personal labor putting our cars together (busted knuckles, banged heads not to mention sore backs) getting from point A to point B. I think that is one reason we can all take pride in what we have. To me there is no greater since of accomplishment than to pull the CS out of the garage and head to a local show. I've listened to comments made by folks at local shows who see those who like to pull up in their new Dodge Charger, PT Cruiser etc. at a local show and put them on display. That's not for me. I love to be able to talk to other folks about what they've done to their car and vice versa. But, I guess it all boils down to what some say - "To Each his Own". Just my thoughts on it.

Don ;D
[/quote]

I agree, there is nothing like a true classic car.

390cs68rcode

I agree. A modern car is boring, everybody and anybody can own one.

I drive around in my Mustangs and Tbird and cannot tell you how many times people give the thumbs up, wave and discussions about the cars. How many times has that happened with your modern car?

On the flip side I wonder what all these new "Shelby" cars will be like to collectors in 30 years?

davidathans

I have seen that exact spoiler on the 99-04 generation on the 03 cobra to be exact...and this cobra has a 4.6L DOHC V8, kenne bell supercharged at 20psi and huge fluidyne front mount intercooler(15k)into the motor alone. And That spoiler on the west coast customs mustang would be my favorite spoiler for the 99-04 body style...but i agree that it is not quite right on this mustang, but hey its tight that someone tried it out...and it doesnt make the mustang look as bad as a beater civic haha...the wings on those things always make me laugh...i just kid them when i talk to them..."wow you guys are really fast, too fast for me"

This CS 6 is freakin cool...350HP from a light V6 supercharged...it will get better gas mileage than a GT and be Faster and look sweet.

Did the article mention the price? or how many are being built? or when they are even available?

rvrtrash

[quote author=davidathans link=board=1;threadid=2362;start=0#msg16450 date=1131606481]

Did the article mention the price? or how many are being built? or when they are even available?

[/quote]

An additional $15K for the Shelby with the supercharger, starting March 1st. The Custom one will only have 25 built but no price listed and probably the same date.
Steve