• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

need some assistance about my new 68GT/CS

CS68

I need to know what to do about the car that I recently bought. car has original paint but many dents, not a big accident. restored or keep it like it is will post pics later.

OP
OP
C

CS68

vin number is 8R01C1xxxxx

COWL TAG IS

65A I 2A 16B 71 2 W

Mosesatm

Normally, an unrestored dented up GT/CS isn't worth much. If you keep the car do you want to drive it, show it, or both?

Mustanglvr

CS68,
Do whatever you want with your CS. I myself would fix those dents, give it a new paint job and put in the motor and options of your choice. The more options you put in it the more desirable it will be to someone if you decide to sell it. As long as it was an option available for a GT/CS, it would be fine. Put in a great sound system. As long as you can change everything back to original someday if you want. But you don`t want to go cutting or changing anything too much. I myself don`t believe these cars should become restomods or 4x4 mudracers. I think the integrity and originality of the car should be preserved. Mine originally had a 200 inline 6 in it, but the owner before me put in a 289 4V with a 4 speed tranny. I love my car and hope to someday install a 428 CJ and drive it everyday like I do now. If mine was an original big block car I would put it back as close to original as possible. The big block cars are the ones that will be worth the big bucks. They`re already worth alot more than the small blocks. They are the ones that should be trailer queens,I believe. I think that every GT/CS should be restored and preserved no matter the condition. Just my 2 cents worth. :)Rhonda

rvrtrash

I'd say fix the dents and repaint. A "survivor" car gets it's value if it's unrestored and still nice. If it's all banged up, you're better off making it look new.
Steve
(my opinion and worth every penny you paid for it)

6t8-390gt

It's only original once.

But the overall condition should dictate what you do. Very few cars exist in "unrestored" condition for obvious reasons.

PFSlim

Take a look at our site at what we felt should be restored. Our gallery on page 4 (Paul & Brian Stevenson) shows a car that should have went to the junk yard. However, we really liked the car and was looking for a project.

The car is done. It always attracts attention when we are driving or showing.

I don't know the condition of the car, but as you can see, ours was in bad shape. What does the guy say on TV - Don't destroy them - restore them!!!

Paul

OP
OP
C

CS68

the car is a real good shape is all original from top to bottom. I just got my marti report and it came with lots of options. mathing number car. interior is in almost perfect condition is just that the body has 3 dents and paint is not good.