• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Cobra oval air cleaner & valve covers - BB

JohnnyQuest515

Curious how many have put on the Cobra Air Cleaner and Valve covers on their big block. Any clearance issues.

***NEVERMIND! I made a template out of cardboard and have seen one picture of a member who has this setup already...***

Thanks, Randy

Last edited:

GT/CS S Code

Cobra dress up package for 390 BB ...

We installed the oval Cobra air cleaner and had no clearance problems. When I get the time to finally install them, I did also buy the big block Cobra Le Mans valve covers to complete the Cobra package ...
:wink:

Attachments

• IMG_1600.jpg
    IMG_1600.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 41
  • Cobra le Mans valve covers 001.jpg
    Cobra le Mans valve covers 001.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 35

CougarCJ

I think fitment of an oval air cleaner would partially depend upon the intake manifold. Some aftermarket ones might possibly cause a problem.

Same with carburetors.

OP
OP
JohnnyQuest515

JohnnyQuest515

vbpgimage.php

I agree with the intake/carb setup. Hi-rise no way would work.

This is the look I'm after.

My cardboard template worked so its a go!

Randy

Hawkrod

Just a point, a 68 GT 500 came with an oval that fit just fine. They made them with aluminum intakes and Holley carbs so it should be no issue for most similar apps. There are definitely high rise intakes that won't work but many do. Hawkrod