• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

66 hcs convertibles?

brant-hcs

Hey guys, been checking this website out for about two years. Gotta throw my hat in to ask this. I was wondering if I could get some help with a question I've had for some time now. It is in regards to the 66 hcs convertibles. I was wondering how many there were. In the gallery, the comments on Charles Murray's convertible (page 5) says that there were 35. I've also have heard 30.
Also in Mr. Murray's comments he mentions that there are one or two more out there. Does anyone know about these? When they were last seen and what they were. Appreciate any help you can give me.
Thanks.

66 Dearborn HCS

[quote author=brant-hcs link=board=1;threadid=711;start=0#msg3847 date=1070235003]
I was wondering how many there were. In the gallery, the comments on Charles Murray's convertible (page 5) says that there were 35. I've also have heard 30.
[/quote]

Contact Bob Teets. I'm not sure, but because we don't have any Ford info from the '66 production year (a la Kevin Marti), I don't think it's possible to say exactly how many convertibles/fastbacks/coupes were built. Other than the 333 total that's been documented, and my freak (unconfirmed F built HCS) I don't think there is a breakdown. Bob would know best.