• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. New GT/CS Registry

Midnight Special

Hey Mike, are you still collecting "these"? I got them with a big load of early Mustang & Falcon parts acquired recently. Let me know & they're yours...

Attachments

• _DSC0499.jpg
    _DSC0499.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 91

boris

I see there was a picture of a marti report posted in marti forum from ebay 8R01J157944 how can this get on to reg if owner is unknown ?

OP
OP
somethingspecial

somethingspecial

I see there was a picture of a marti report posted in marti forum from ebay 8R01J157944 how can this get on to reg if owner is unknown ?

With 4118 GT/CS package cars made, we try to document all the cars still living, or not, in the Registry, even if we do not know who the owner is. These cars change hands regularly and sometimes even if the owner is documented in the Registry, we don't always know when the car is sold. Any Marti Report we locate is captured and added to the Registry for future documentation of a known GT/CS. Keep them coming. Thanks.

OP
OP
somethingspecial

somethingspecial

Documenting KNOWN clones or tribute CSs and HCSs

Since taking over as Registrar in 2011, I found the need to start documenting KNOWN clones. The increasing numbers of clones (some very well done) necessitated the tracking as even though the may be listed as CLONE, as the cars sell down the line, the fact it is a clone may be lost. If you come across any clones, try to get the VIN and forward it to me. Don’t really need the door data info, just the VIN from the dash, but if you can get the door data info, the better.

I’ve met several folks who were so proud of their California Special and truly believed it was the real deal, but truth be known, it was a clone. Nothing wrong with clones, they still bring the attention they deserve and the pride of their owners, just tracking the VINs.

For those wanting a Factory Built GT/CS or HCS, always insist on a Marti Report. If you obtain a Marti Report, Please forward a copy to me for the Registry. Thanks for all you support. Mike Jewell

boris

keep up the good work ! there are a few cars around here im going to get the vins from, one i just posted in the for sale section and a clone up the street!

whodat

I got word of a possible California Special in a south Louisiana junk yard. I have the number and will make the call.

BroadwayBlue

Since taking over as Registrar in 2011, I found the need to start documenting KNOWN clones. The increasing numbers of clones (some very well done) necessitated the tracking as even though the may be listed as CLONE, as the cars sell down the line, the fact it is a clone may be lost. If you come across any clones, try to get the VIN and forward it to me. Don’t really need the door data info, just the VIN from the dash, but if you can get the door data info, the better.

I’ve met several folks who were so proud of their California Special and truly believed it was the real deal, but truth be known, it was a clone. Nothing wrong with clones, they still bring the attention they deserve and the pride of their owners, just tracking the VINs.

For those wanting a Factory Built GT/CS or HCS, always insist on a Marti Report. If you obtain a Marti Report, Please forward a copy to me for the Registry. Thanks for all you support. Mike Jewell

Mike,
The effort you make to have the Registry be accurate is appreciated!
Thank you!

Toy68CS

When I try to register my CS I get an error "cannot connect to DB server" and don't get the form to fill out.

admin

Staff member
Administrator
When I try to register my CS I get an error "cannot connect to DB server" and don't get the form to fill out.
Sorry. This is a known issue at the moment. I just have not been able to fix it yet.

boris

just was wondering if this car VIN: 8R01C155425 shouldn't be taged a clone

OP
OP
somethingspecial

somethingspecial

just was wondering if this car VIN: 8R01C155425 shouldn't be taged a clone

We have it tagged in the Registry as a clone. The online Registry is governed by Jon Hanna, and is subject to the owners data entry. If the owner does not want to update the online Registry to reflect this, that is their perogative and we will not insist any change. Hope you can appreciate this. Mike ps. was your S code ever recovered? I have it tagged as stolen in the Registry just in case it surfaces.

08gtcslady

Where can we get Marti reports for 2008 GT/CS cars? I have one but the Marti website only goes to 2007...;-(