• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Lower Front and Rear Bumpers

Russ

I know that sometime before the end of 1968 Mustang production, Ford decided to remove the small bumpers that were found below the regular bumper. I assume this was a cost cutting measure. The front bumpers were chrome and the rears were painted body color. Does anyone know when these small bumpers ceased to be installed on a 1968 Mustang???
A date....or VIN would be great. Thanks,

Russ

390cs68rcode

I think the rears were deleted before the fronts. not sure of the exact date. Try posting this on the concourse section on VMF, Jeff Spegle will know.

rvrtrash

If you're looking for a set of rear bumper guards, I have them. Email me if you're interested.
Steve