• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Winter Projects

joedls

Mustanger said:
... That's one sweeeet motor ... once that puppy is in your Cal Special, you'll be smoking tires all the way down to the grocery store ... we just may have to call you Smokin' Joe ...

Thanks. I'm very excited!! As far as the new name goes, I've been called alot of things in my life. Smokin' Joe is OK in my book.

Mustanglvr

Mosesatm said:
I feel so inadequate with my little 289 2V.:embarass:

BUT IT`S A CALIFORNIA SPECIAL ARLIE!!! WHAT ARE YOU THINKING? BE PROUD, BE VERY PROUD!!!

Mustanger

joedls said:
Thanks. I'm very excited!! As far as the new name goes, I've been called alot of things in my life. Smokin' Joe is OK in my book.

You're alright, Joe ... I would only try to compliment my fellow 'Stangers ...

Mustanger

Wow! I feel like I'm at the Drags ... Joe, your gonna have one mean engine, you might wanna start thinking about an exhaust system ...

PFSlim

Joe

That is soooooo cool. Can't wait to see the photo's and video of your new motor in your car when it is up and running.

Paul

joedls

Mustanger said:
Wow! I feel like I'm at the Drags ... Joe, your gonna have one mean engine, you might wanna start thinking about an exhaust system ...

I already bought it. I have Doug's Headers and 2 1/2" Stainless Maganaflow exhaust system.

joedls

PFSlim said:
Joe

That is soooooo cool. Can't wait to see the photo's and video of your new motor in your car when it is up and running.

Paul

Thanks Paul. Believe me, I can't wait either. My hopes are that it can be done in time for my car's birthday, Feb. 13th.

joedls

Attachments

• Dyno Run.pdf
    420.6 KB · Views: 43

CALIF GIRL

Wow...those are some high numbers....

Good thing I have a radio and helicopter to catch you with, because I don't think my crown vic will keep up....

joedls

CALIF GIRL said:
Wow...those are some high numbers....

Good thing I have a radio and helicopter to catch you with, because I don't think my crown vic will keep up....

I would never speed on a public highway, Officer. Honest. :icon_no: :icon_no: :icon_no:

CALIF GIRL

I believe you...and I am sure you would never do burnouts or spin any donuts in parking lots either...

Diesel Donna

joedls said:
<~~~~~~~Has Joe's phone number in her cell phone and when he calls me it says SMOKIN' JOE. LOL! :grin:

joedls

Just got this really cool present for my GT/CS. Hopefully she can all be put together for her birthday on 2/13. :grin: :grin: :grin:

Attachments

• P1000354-resized.JPG
    P1000354-resized.JPG
    193.7 KB · Views: 36
  • P1000357-resized.JPG
    P1000357-resized.JPG
    195.9 KB · Views: 24

joedls

I just took my car out for a test-drive after installing the new engine, AOD, Doug's Headers, 2 1/2" Magnaflow exhaust, limited-slip differential w/3.50 gears, subframe connectors, and traction bars. The car is scary powerful. Couldn't keep from breaking loose the tires. I've gotta do something about that. Can anyone here recommend a good street slick? :grin: :grin: :grin: