• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

It's all about color!?

dpheyes

I have two very important color questions for you experts:

First - My 68 GTCS original colors are Candy Apple Red with Parchment interior. I've read several differing statements about what the correct stripe color should be. So what's correct - white or black?

Second - My parents want a new 2007 CS (to replace the 68 they gave me) , but it's not available in "Torch Red". Any guesses on whether the CS will be available in 2008? And any opinions on the potential for a bright red color option? Somebody must know!?

Thanks!

Mustanglvr

Common sense would dictate a white stripe, but its anybody`s guess. Are there any remnants of the old stripes around or under where the scoops are?

Russ

Many years ago I owned a candy apple red (Code T) '68 Mustang GT with a "C" stripe, parchment interior and a white vinyl top. It had a white stripe and looked stunning, so my guess would be a white stripe.

Regarding the 2007 GT/CS colors, I think it is strange that Ford only offers the GT/CS in Red Fire metallic, white, black and blue metallic, and that's it. I talked to the dealership in Flagstaff about the future of the CS, and they are not sure if the GT/CS option will even be offered in 2008, so you may want to have your parents check this out. The dealership mentioned that for 2008, a "Bullitt" Mustang will be available, and they thought the CS would only be sold in 2007.

A good friend just bought a new red fire GT/CS convertible and my son-in-law just bought a new white GT/CS, and both are VERY hot! MY 2005 GT is Torch red, and I know why your parents like that color....it's also beautiful. Good Luck with your choices.

Russ

68gt390

To give you an idea of how things can change regarding color's and stripes. My CS originally Royal Maroon also had a black vinyl top with black side stripe. When car was repainted (Royal Maroon) by previous owner, the black vinyl top was replaced with full body color and the black stripe was changed to white. If I'm not mistaken I don't think there were any stand fast references to what color stripes accompanied what color cars. I'd say use which ever color you prefer to suite your taste.

Don :wink:

quicknick

Like this?

Attachments

• 1721137_1_full.jpg
    1721137_1_full.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 34

Mustanglvr

Hey Quicknick, you should post some pics of your cars in the gallery sometime. What are their colors?

OP
OP
D

dpheyes

Pretty Close!

QuickNick:

That's very close. Since mine was a very base model, I think it was all red with no contrasting top, but your's sure looks "sweet". I lean toward the white but a previous owner switched the interior from Parchment to Black and probably changed the stripe to black at that time.

Thanks for the pic - got any more?

Doug

P

PNewitt

Regarding the 2007 GT/CS colors, I think it is strange that Ford only offers the GT/CS in Red Fire metallic, white, black and blue metallic, and that's it. I talked to the dealership in Flagstaff about the future of the CS, and they are not sure if the GT/CS option will even be offered in 2008, so you may want to have your parents check this out. The dealership mentioned that for 2008, a "Bullitt" Mustang will be available, and they thought the CS would only be sold in 2007.
Russ

Hi Russ,

Oh, yea....there will be a 2008 GT/CS! Most definately.

The reason that the GT/CS colors are limited, is because thay have to work with a black stripe. Black is the only color that effectively translates the graphic fading effect--on those body colors. They tried other colored stripes, but no other color will work like that.

The Bullitt, and the Mustang Sally are also slated for 2008.

Paul N.

OP
OP
D

dpheyes

Hi Russ,

Oh, yea....there will be a 2008 GT/CS! Most definately.

The reason that the GT/CS colors are limited, is because thay have to work with a black stripe. Black is the only color that effectively translates the graphic fading effect--on those body colors. They tried other colored stripes, but no other color will work like that.

The Bullitt, and the Mustang Sally are also slated for 2008.

Paul N.

Paul,

I guess I don't really understand what you mean by "graphic fading effect". Can you explain?

My parents test drove a black CS yesterday and Dad says he could only see the stripe if the light was just right. Seemed like a waste of effort to put a black stripe on a black car! Wouldn't the black stripes look just as good on a Torch red car? :icon_ecst

Do you have any inside info that leads you to believe they'll make it again next year, or is that an educated guess? They are considering just egtting a Torch red convetible and the dealer CS fascias and scoops added. Dad would try and get the stripes and fake gas cap from a dealer as parts. But it would always be "second best" to an authentic CS.

Doug

P

PNewitt

Hey dpheyes,

>I guess I don't really understand what you mean by "graphic fading effect". Can you explain?

If you look at the back part of the 2007 GT/CS Stripe, it "dissipates" as a graphic element. That is, a series of dots become less and less as you follow the stripe. On certain colors, the (color) contrast is either too much or not enough to allow the body color from behind make this effect work as intended. Since black has the most contrast, it iss the most sucessful to make this dissipation of the stripe work. Other colors, like red, white, etc., do not have the contrast to make that type of graphic effect work. What happens, is from a distance, it makes the stripe look ragged on the end, like it stopped 2/3rds along the door from front to back.

>My parents test drove a black CS yesterday and Dad says he could only see the stripe if the light was just right. Seemed like a waste of effort to put a black stripe on a black car! Wouldn't the black stripes look just as good on a Torch red car?

I agree. I can't figure out why the "black on black" went through, but there are owners that seem to really like that.

>Do you have any inside info that leads you to believe they'll make it again next year, or is that an educated guess?

No, I have a very reliable source. Very. :)

>They are considering just egtting a Torch red convetible and the dealer CS fascias and scoops added. Dad would try and get the stripes and fake gas cap from a dealer as parts. But it would always be "second best" to an authentic CS.

The Ford Mustang 2007 Accessories catalog has the front and rear fascias, and side scoops (with part numbers) available as add-on parts. These are the same parts used on the Shelby Hertz car, and Shelby GT, soon to come out at dealerships (interesting...it's in reverse this time. The Shelbys used the GT/CS's parts...).

There is an aftermarket stripe company that another member knows about (and has used), named "Hotrodgranny". Maybe she can be of some help to you. They make other colors of the late model GT/CS stripe--but with angled patrs of stripe, instead of the graphic "dissipation" effect.

Also try "Mustangsource; GT/CS" (google it).

I hope that this helps,

Paul N.

OP
OP
D

dpheyes

Paul,

Thanks a million for the wealth of info. My folks are going to think about their options now, but one way or the other - they'll end up with a Torch red GTCS, "authentic" or not - and I end up with the Candy Apple red 68 GTCS!

Thanks again!

Doug

P

PNewitt

Since I noticed that you're from Alaska, so...here is a quick Mustang story:

I once knew a former resident of Juneau, that told about a guy in his club who found a white Mustang door, sticking out of some mud and debris....that was part of a retaining wall and wooden bridge in the woods.

He dug it out of the mud (BIG job), and discovered it was attached to a '64 1/2 Convertible....but (!!) he found out that it was also one of the many pace cars used for the Indy 500 that year.

Needless to say, he restored it.

So, keep your eyes peeled for classic Mustang bodywork sticking out of the mud in your neck of the woods! LOL!!

Paul.

OP
OP
D

dpheyes

Paul,

Sound like a pretty wild story. I'd hate to see what the metal looked like! It rains about 300+ days a year in Juneau, and it's right on the ocean, so things rust in no time! Definitely not like SoCal or Arizona, where my CS is from!

BTW, I just mailed you my Marti report and will post it after I scan it in.

Doug

rananim

Another thought regarding black/white stripes: If you ever decide to add the black hood stripes, black would obviously be the choice. For black on red, see Calif Girl's car.

ponyboy

I wen't to a car show in Scottsdale, AZ and saw a Legend Lime 06 decked out with GTCS options. Boy did it look awesome. Still hoping that they bring the color back out for 08 so i can get one to match my Lime Gold 68. Any word yet on different colors for 08 other than the orange Paul? Rich