• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

New Members

Mustanglvr

Hey Jon,
Do you think we might be able to get a new section or sticky or whatever for new members to introduce themselves? Thanks

sam

now Rhonda....that's a great idea. Maybe we can get rid of that "newbie"
label. Good way to perhaps open some dialogue and allow people to introduce themselves and where they live etc

OP
OP
Mustanglvr

Mustanglvr

Thanks Sam, I think there will always be the Newbie label as long as there are Newbies. You have to earn a different label by writing more posts. I`ve been here a year and am a Senior member. It does`nt take long and you learn sooo much. Merry Christmas!!!!!!!

sam

Merry Christmas Rhonda to you, your family and California Special.
Sam

mmarsalone

Rhonda,

I just joined a Harley Davidson Forum and they Have a section for new members. Not only is for introducing yourself, there's stickys on how to post pictures, etiquette, doing searches, etc. Seems to work very well.

Mike

Midnight Special

...I just joined as an owner of 3 GT/CSs (AND 2 MACH Is) for a source of fellowship and information, but I don't really care for the newbie vs senior stuff as I'v seen some seniors here post some pretty self-absorbed comments, especially pertaining to judging some of the cars and owners that show up for sale here & there... I recently had a potential seller refuse to discuss his car w/ me when I referred to some of the unwarranted feedback he received on this site. His car was beautiful, but was nitpicked by a know it all on this site who soured him and others for all of us! Our cars are nearly 40 years old! Congrats to all of you who have kept them in concourse condition, but some of you do little good with your self proclaimed expertise over every other car out there but yours! Some of you...

Writing a ton of posts to gain a higher status is like clanging a gong to call attention to yourself, but it doesn't make you any more of an expert or enthusiast. This is indeed a fantastic site! Let's keep level.

Mosesatm

Midnight Special said:
Writing a ton of posts to gain a higher status is like clanging a gong to call attention to yourself, but it doesn't make you any more of an expert or enthusiast. This is indeed a fantastic site! Let's keep level.

I agree that writing a lot of posts does not make one a guru and I think using that term for talkative people may not be appropriate, especially for me.

The rest of the post from the above member I won't debate. It seems like he or she needed to get something out of his or her system and has had the opportunity to do so. No blood, no foul.

Well, maybe just one rebuttal....Blaming us for your loss of a sale is a little weak to say the least. This is an extremely detail-oriented board, just as I imagine the Shelby message boards or the GTO Judge message boards, or a number of other specialty car boards are. It may be possible the seller had other issues and used our "nitpicking" as an excuse to not sell the car. When we nitpick a car we are usually trying to figure out if it is real or a fake. A Marti report tends to stop us in our tracks.

Anyway, welcome to the board and welcome to the family.

OP
OP
Mustanglvr

Mustanglvr

Midnight Special, we are a family here. The more posts we write, the more we get to know each other and our cars. We do not always agree with one another but thats what its like to be part of a family. We treat Newbies with the utmost respect. We help them and guide them with their cars and anything else they may need advice on. All we expect in return is their respect. I know this site and my car like the back of my hand and that has`nt come from only writing 4 posts. I can`t tell you how many Newbies come here on a daily basis asking the same questions that have been asked here numerous times in the past. We gracefully answer their questions or tell them where to find the answers in the forum. We don`t all claim to be experts on these cars, but I can safely say there are some experts here. Many people who auction and/or sell these cars and Shelby`s often come to this site for information. I can`t think of a better place to go for free information like this. If you think you can find a better site, then be my guest and go for it. Being a GT/CS owner, I know you`ll be back!:rofl: Oh yeah, welcome to the site Midnight Special. Rhonda:grin:

Mosesatm

Well said, Rhonda.

BTW, I found a box for the console but the door panels won't fit in it so you'll get 2 boxes next week.

hookedtrout

I'll add this albeit I could be wrong. I don't think the original request was to create a seperate section to keep the newbies out of the guru section like you see in various places, the perfect example is POR "Pirates of the Rubicon" Jeep forum. I took it that the request was to offer a place that invites new members to post up a little bit about themselves as an introduction.

We all know that there are constantly new people checking the sight and a good percentage of them never join and even some that do join never post. I took it that the intent was to offer them a place to get started along with a few stickies to help them learn how to create an avatar or post up a picture or two.

Personally I liked the idea and I don't see it turning into a place where those that skip this little introduction section get lambasted into oblivion for jumping right in with the Guru's. The test and help section is almost serving this purpose now, maybe it just needs creatively renamed.

Carry on, I'll quiet down now before I gain the guru status.

Cory

nfrntau

Midnight Special said:
...I don't really care for the newbie vs senior stuff as I'v seen some seniors here post some pretty self-absorbed comments, especially pertaining to

Me thinks you put to much emphasis on number of posts rather than quality of said information.
The seniors to whom you refer to as self absorbed were self absorbed when they were newbies as well. The only difference is that they have shared their opinions openly and freely over a period of time without regard to negative opposition regarding touchy subjects. Yes, they were labeled as newbies when they/I? started also.
Our touchiest subject is always 100% original verses Restomod and to what extent either way. We all have our “Strong Opinions” some stronger than others and we still all learn from each other and enjoy the banter we share.
Me personally, I couldn’t begin to tell you how valuable an asset I have felt this site to be. I have made several friendships with individuals that most likely I never would have met otherwise. I also have never felt unwelcome or felt that responses to questions I have asked were negatively answered.
We have had individuals appear on this site and appear to attack individuals for their opinions, this is not why we are here enjoying this site.

As far as a person not selling a car due to comments from this membership. That is ludicrous. One could only assume that the seller was trying to bamboozle the buyer and backed out when said buyer asked too many pertinent questions. If the buyer was on the up and up, questions would be welcomed as the best way to sell his car to an interested buyer.

All that said.
Welcome to the site, I am certain if you stay and participate for a while you will change your thoughts a little bit.

Midnight Special

...Thank you for your replies and I do respect all of you. 'Been watching here for a long time and will continue to... Yes - I did want to vent a little and No - I wasn't blaming this site for losing out on a purchase. We should however police each other a li'l when it comes to assuming w/o investigating. ...That's all I'm saying... Thanks for the welcoming. I'll do a gallery when my latest GT/CS arrives.

marie68csmustangs

Hello Everyone,

Just joined so, I thought that I would tell you a little about myself. I'm from CA. I don't have a Mustang but, would like to have one in the future. I love cars espically Mustangs - and should since a friend of Mine had 4 GS/CS :)) I am taking Aumomotive classes - In hopes in becoming a mechanic..

Marie
Sacramento, CA

68gt390

Marie;
Welcome aboard. I'm sure you will find some very interesting conversations taking place here. There is a wealth of information on the GT/CS to be found. And by all means, if there are questions just post them and I'm sure someone will be able to provide you an answer.

Again, welcome.

Don

Midnight Special

marie68csmustangs said:
Hello Everyone,

Just joined so, I thought that I would tell you a little about myself. I'm from CA. I don't have a Mustang but, would like to have one in the future. I love cars espically Mustangs - and should since a friend of Mine had 4 GS/CS :)) I am taking Aumomotive classes - In hopes in becoming a mechanic..

Marie
Sacramento, CA

...Be careful Marie, these folks will entice you into that 'future' Mustang today! 'Glad you came aboard. The journey here is amost exciting as driving one ;-))

marie68csmustangs

Yeah, espically - you since you have four specials (Just wish that I have one of yours!! - I love all of them :)) I just wish that I had the Money right now to buy one myself..

Marie
Sacramento, CA

Diesel Donna

WELCOME MARIE! :grin:

Enthusiasim is the only requirement here.

Last edited: