• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

A Question for 2007 GT/CS Owners..

P

PNewitt

We are fortunate to have many of the late model GT/CS owners on this site, with questions and ideas for accessory items.

I would like to know what sort of things you would like to see available in a limited production run? I may have some sources, and/or add them to my license agreement with Ford.

So far, we've seen--

-Rear Decklid Stripe

-New side stripes in other colors? (although other places do make these)

-Rear Vinyl (chrome and white) emblem

-Other emblems...GT/CS Registry Dash, or "under hood" Emblems?

-What about things like a Key Fob, a Registry Decal, Lic. Plate Frames, etc?

-your thoughts about a GT/CS Registry decal with the art of both generations of GT/CS?...and/or a 40th Anniv. Decal like that, too?

If you have any ideas or wants, please let me know, here, or as a PM.

Thanks!

Paul Newitt

Mustanglvr

I hope Ford will add some of that stuff to the 08 GT/CS`s. Can`t they see the owners want them to look more like the 68`s? I mean, I can`t believe they did`nt put the identifying "California Special" script on the 07`s.

bztz4m

We are fortunate to have many of the late model GT/CS owners on this site, with questions and ideas for accessory items.

I would like to know what sort of things you would like to see available in a limited production run? I may have some sources, and/or add them to my license agreement with Ford.

So far, we've seen--

-Rear Decklid Stripe

-your thoughts about a GT/CS Registry decal with the art of both generations of GT/CS?...and/or a 40th Anniv. Decal like that, too?

Thanks!

Paul Newitt

I would love to see a registry plate with the # of the car on the plate.. Like GT/CS 0001 of XXXX like the Shelby GT have on their cars.

The rear stripe would be nice addition I know there is member looking to have this done as well.

I wish Ford would have put a different spoiler on the rear to kind of look like the '68 GT/CS with the rear stripe.

A special Plenum cover with GT/CS on it would be nice.

Some kind of California special emblem maybe not as big as the original for the trunk area or rear quarter panel.

But all of the idea you have are great I would love to see these become reality

obsidianspider

I'd like to see someone reproduce the 2007 GT 500 prototype's hood with the sunken air extractors instead of the "nostrils" that are on the production 07 GT500. I think that hood would look great on a GT/CS since it is very reminiscent of the 68 "turn signal" hood. It's not quite an accessory, but it would still be sweet.

15.jpg

2007GTCS

Paul,
I like the trunk stripe. Right now I'm trying to figure out what an "original" themed trunk stripe would look like with a Cervini's ducktail spoiler. I don't have photoshop, so if someone's got the time I'd like to see what it would look like on one of our cars. I also like the idea of a registry plate and a license plate frame like the ones for the '68s once the production #'s are figured out. Hood pins are on my list as well, but I'm not sure I like the dzus style.

Onirb

So far, we've seen--

-Rear Decklid Stripe

Thanks!

Paul Newitt

I would like the registry dash.

Having a Vista Blue I have been thinking of switching the side stripe from the black to white.

One of the biggest gripes I have read is the floormat issue. It is advertised as CS floormats but it only says mustang.

This may be out of the area of your question but chrome trim for the tailights and one piece chrome part to cover both foglights and extend around the front emblem. The only way this can be done as of now is buying the bezels and the trim and blending them together but the width of both pieces are slightly off.
06pnyfrontsm.jpg

obsidianspider

They say "Mustang" but regular Mustang floormats are plain and don't say anything. I bought some "regular" floormats and have my "GT/CS" ones still in the plastic bag.

07GT/CS

I would be happy to see any of this stuff listed above.I had a 04 Mach1 and there wasnt alot of items either.The owner of Mach1Registry.com came up with stuff like Hats,Shirts,fendercovers,Licsense plate rings.Ther was a guy in Canada making dash Plaques with Build date owners name,HP rating.And he made one for under the hood.His name was Gary Loat and he owned a 01 Bullitt.Maybe sneak over to the site and start searching around.Personally I would buy what ever was made for the car.

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

With all the Mustang variants, past, present (and future!), I'd think that the Mustang aftermarket would go for making items just for those type of owners.

Even if it was only 200 units, it could be a big business for someone out there.

I'll look over your ideas. I appreciate your responses, too!

Paul N.

Tampa07GTCS

I like all of those Ideas, I just bought my GT/CS on Saturday and already looking for Mods. I would like a GT/CS Cig Lighter Emblem so at least there would be something on the inside of the car that shows a limited edt.

hotrodgrany

:thumb: All of the above!!

I second that. Like to have mine as close to the original as possible. I wish I knew where to get the California Special emblem in script like just behind the gas cap on this one, but not sure if I bought one of the original ones they would fit. Any one knows where I can get them, if there out there someplace? This is not mine!!!!

Attachments

• DSC07964.JPG
    DSC07964.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

case12

I second that. Like to have mine as close to the original as possible. I wish I knew where to get the California Special emblem in script like just behind the gas cap on this one, but not sure if I bought one of the original ones they would fit. Any one knows where I can get them, if there out there someplace? This is not mine!!!!

I was sitting in traffic next to one of the late model thunderbirds this week and noticed that it had the "Thunderbird" script on the tail quarter panel. The script looked quite similar to original thunderbird scripts. If FORD can do that for the thunderbird, they should come out with the California Special script on the rear quarter panel for the 08's. Casey

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Like the song goes... "I know, I know, I know....."

It just would cost $50K to make a factory jig to set that up.

So, I asked: what about the dealer putting it on when they arrive? Well, then, there was a quality issue (which I don't agree with, 'cause dealers do all kinds of stuff to prep cars and trucks).

So--I tried and tried and tried...

Cross your fingers for '08.

Paul N.