• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Correct Color Combo interior

somethingspecial

My new interior kit arrived the other day, and Per Door tag, It had Ivy Gold interior, so the kit arrived with Kiwi inserts, Sierra green door panals, and Light Ivy Gold carpet. Light Dash pad to match the door panals. I remember the Original dash pad as having been Dark green, Dark door panals and dark green seat inserts, and dark green carpet(I still have a piece of the carpet). I talked to TMI interiors, and they told me what I received was correct per the ford book. I see some Lime Gold cars have the dark green combo I descibed above. Does anyone Know what is correct for the Highland Green GT/CS car with Ivy Gold Interior????? Does the 67 Ivy Gold seats have the Dark Green inserts? Is the carpet Moss Green, or Dark Green?
Any opinions or help is greatly appreciated. Mike

Mosesatm

I think this is a correct Ivy Gold interior.

Last edited:
OP
OP
somethingspecial

somethingspecial

Thanks Arlie, The door panals in this picture are darker than what I received. And the carpet is a lot lighter than what mine originaly had. There was a screw still in place under the seat which had a lot of carpet still attached. It is Dark green. The dash pad I received is the same collor of the door panals, and this picture shows Dark Green pad, and the door panals are lighter than the dash pad, I'm beginning to wonder if Ford did what ever they wanted. I know what my car originaly had, but it doesn't agree with production specs. Should I replicate what it had, or should I go with production specs??????
I know it's my car, I am just asking for ideas. Remember this GT/CS is going concourse. Mike

Mosesatm

I thought the door panels, seat inserts, and dash pad were supposed to match and were supposed to be darker than the rest of the vinyl. With Ivy gold those items should be almost a dark green.

Here is TMI's color chart for '68.

Last edited:

Mosesatm

Here are some door panels I was bidding on but the more I looked at them the more I hoped someone would outbid me. The bothered me because they are not supposed to be all one color. The top portion is supposed to be darker.

I guess some of the suppliers just don't understand how these things are supposed to look. Also attached is a picture of Jason's interior showing how the panels should look.

Jason, who did you buy your door panels from?

Last edited:

390cs68rcode

Mosesatm said:
Here are some door panels I was bidding on but the more I looked at them the more I hoped someone would outbid me. The bothered me because they are not supposed to be all one color. The top portion is supposed to be darker.

I guess some of the suppliers just don't understand how these things are supposed to look. Also attached is a picture of Jason's interior showing how the panels should look.

Jason, who did you buy your door panels from?

I got them from either NPD or John's Mustang. They are TMI panels (99% sure). I would say ask if the panels are 2 tone before buying to make sure.

Diesel Donna

I agree with Sara..I noticed that the seat inserts and door panels were the wrong color on the Barrett-Jackson CS. Also the steering wheel is not correct.

Arlie's picture is correct. I still have my original dash pad and it is very dark green. It is far darker than my door panels. The carpet color is Moss Green, with the loop pile not cut pile.
My car is ivy gold metallic with the ivy interior. When I replaced my windlace years ago...that was the one item that I felt they had the color wrong on, but didn't look too bad. I hope the manufacturers have improved on the color of windlace by now!
Good Luck Mike.

~~~~Donna

hookedtrout

somethingspecial said:
Thanks Arlie, The door panals in this picture are darker than what I received. And the carpet is a lot lighter than what mine originaly had. There was a screw still in place under the seat which had a lot of carpet still attached. It is Dark green. The dash pad I received is the same collor of the door panals, and this picture shows Dark Green pad, and the door panals are lighter than the dash pad, I'm beginning to wonder if Ford did what ever they wanted. I know what my car originaly had, but it doesn't agree with production specs. Should I replicate what it had, or should I go with production specs??????
I know it's my car, I am just asking for ideas. Remember this GT/CS is going concourse. Mike

I know if it was me I'd want it back to the way I remember it, not what someone else told me was the way it should be. It would haunt me knowing it wasn't right, unless of course the change was by choice because it improved something.

Cory

OP
OP
somethingspecial

somethingspecial

Thank you Cory, Donna, Arlie, and anyone else I am forgeting. I KNOW the dash was Dark Green, I KNOW the carpet was dark Green, (Moss Green, thanks to Donna), and I KNOW the Door Panals were Dark Green. The seat inserts are a mystery, (EVERYONE TAKE YOUR PEPTO) the seats were re-done in Leopard skin. I checked under the leopard skin, but found no sample of green. It seems I've seen Darker inserts in the 67' upholstry kits. Anyone know this one? I am going to restore it to what I remember. I want this car to be as it was on 04-05-68, the day it was born. Mike

OP
OP
somethingspecial

somethingspecial

Looking at the NPD catalog, and the TMI chart in the NPD, it looks like 69' standard bucket seats offer a Dark Ivy Gold upholstry kit. Does anyone know if it uses the same outer bolster, with the Dark Ivy insert? I forgot to say, the head rest for my car are also Dark Green. Any more thoughts? Mike

Diesel Donna

Hmmmmm, well Mike I don't know if this helps or not but my car seats were the prototype for the 68 skins made by Distinctive Industries . They saw my car at Knott's Berry Farm and wanted to use my skins for a pattern. I told them they could have them if you couldn't tell the difference between theirs and mine if you held them up side by side. Well I was very happy with the covers they made.

I don't think they make a kit for your whole interior though.

Hey! What's wrong with leopard seat covers?? Hahahaaaa! I had a bitchin' El Camino , Toreador Red (A Ford color) and I had leopard seat covers and steering wheel....I called it the Pimpmobile. Unfortunately it burned to death right here next to the house a year and a half ago.....had that puppy for 29 years too. :cry:

http://www.distinctiveindustries.com/h.html

Good luck~~~~Donna

Mosesatm

Thanks Jason.

I need to order some tail light screws from them anyway so I'll just add some door panels to the order. Found some deluxe arm rests on eBay a few weeks ago and found some pull straps a month or so ago. Guess I'll need some pull strap backing plates.

In case anyone wants to switch standard door panels to deluxe here is what you'll need.

Deluxe Door Panels $115
Door Straps $24
Door Strap Braces $15
Arm Rests $115
Lower Door Light Panels $60
Door Lights $60
Door Light Lenses $15
Caps $45
Arm rest hole plugs
They are supposed to also have speakers in the grilles

Standard arm rests will work.

390cs68rcode

also add to the list the little woodgrain decals for the pull straps.

I think when you have the lower door grilles possibly you need the shorter window handles so you won't bang your hand on the grilles. I remember seeing this when I was searching for NOS window handles, they would list handles with or without a stereo. I then thought about the stereo thing and all I could figure out was the door grilles and hitting your hand while rolling them down.

Mosesatm

390cs68rcode said:
also add to the list the little woodgrain decals for the pull straps.

I think when you have the lower door grilles possibly you need the shorter window handles so you won't bang your hand on the grilles. I remember seeing this when I was searching for NOS window handles, they would list handles with or without a stereo. I then thought about the stereo thing and all I could figure out was the door grilles and hitting your hand while rolling them down.

Dang, that would hurt!