• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

68 floor consol seat belt cup

dualies

there are 2 of the cup on ebay for sale and claimed it fits 67 and 68 , I thought 67 and 68 use different cup to hold the seatbelt buckle, anyone know about this?

deestix

As per the 'Mustang 1964 1/2 - 1973 Restoration Guide', the center console seat belt cup is the same part number for both 1967 and 1968: 044E16. I can only quote you the book; I have no personal experience to back this up.

68sunlitgold

dualies,
they are exactly the same items, they only difference is there placement in the console. You can also use the 67 console base for 68 with some modifications.

Doug

PFSlim

With regards to seat belt cups, does everyone have the cups glued in or not glued in??

I have one of those console drink holders that fits into the seat belt cups that I was only going use for "road trips" and not for shows. Just wandered what everyone else is doing???

Paul

68gt390

Paul;
Don't know if you want to stay stock on the console or not. Since my factory console was missing I replaced it with a Humphugger Cruiser Console. It fits very nicely between the seats and the cup holders fit perfectly around the passenger seat. It is similar to the console found in the late model Fox body cars. Plus it gives me somewhere to rest my right arm on long trips and an extra storage area. They can be gotten for either 4 speed or automatic and comes with a boot cover. The only draw back is you loose your cups for the seat belts. Most folks who look at the car at shows don't even know it's not the stock console. I have attached a picture to show how it fits.

Don

Attachments

• DSCF0018.JPG
    DSCF0018.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 17

rjw

Since mine came with the incorrect 1967 floor console, I likewise replaced it with a humphugger removable console (console is held on with velcro.) The drink holders are functional and, like Don, I have somewhere to rest my arm. (I'm spoiled on the Explorer having just the right height console to serve as an armrest.) I usually leave it in the car, but it can be removed. And like Don said, the average guy or gal thinks it is original. Certainly the purists know it is not original.
Richard

PFSlim

Don and Richard

As you can see by our gallery (Paul & Brian Stevenson) we have a good orig console installed. It looks great. As well, we have the console cups and they are in great shape. I also bought the "Console Plug & Chug", which attaches to orig console seat belt cups (when cups are removed). I will only use this on drives while listening to my orig PHILCO am radio station.

Anyway, just wanted to see if anyone else had applied glue to their cups or if they leave them removable like I will have to.

Paul