• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Fog light pedistals

PB gtcs

My brother and I bought Lucas fog lights from England. They did not come with pedistals. I looked at the parts places and here on the site to see they are not now made. So..... What to do?? Can anyone give us some advise. We are not concerned about them being exact concours correct. Say 5 feet away correct, if you know what we mean. Any ideas will help.

Brian

66joej

The pedestals are quite easy to make. Instructions and dimensions are in 1988 Recognition guide book.

19HCS68

Brian,

I just bought a Lucas light pedestal kit from Bob Teets about a month or two ago. He is a member of this site and goes by the handle "HighCountryBob". I believe he can help you with these.

Good luck,
Gary 8)

OP
OP
P

PB gtcs

To 66,

We would like to build our own if we can get the instrux. Perhaps it would be too much, but would like to give it a try. Can you send me the instrux to do the job?

Brian

68sunlitgold

Brian,
per Paul's recognition guide, "Pedestals stand 1 7/8" tall, and 1" diameter, beveled on both ends". I am not sure what thickness the tubing should be. I hope this helps.

Doug

OP
OP
P

PB gtcs

Thanks a lot guys,

Can we use PVC or should we use something stronger? What do you all suggest?

Brian

68sunlitgold

Brian,
I would not use PVC only because of how tight you need to get the bolt to keep the lights aligned.

Doug

hicountrybob

Brian, I, too, have pedestal kits to sell. These complete kits include the following all new parts:
1. 2 properly beveled pedestals
2. 2 proper star washers
3. 2 rubber spacers for pedestal bases
4. 2 bolts with proper thread and head depth,
made from steel stock so as to have plain
tops
5. 4 proper square washer plates with the beveled
lip on one side

Price is $61.30 to your U.S. door

Thanks,
hicountrybob@303-424-3866 or email me

P

PNewitt

I would go for Bob's set, it's worth it.

I "pioneered" making these sets several years ago, and sold a lot, but don't make them any more....

Just remember--the Lucas light studs have English "whitworth" threads on them. You need special threads and nuts. Not something you can get at the local hardware store.

Good Luck--give Bob a call. He's a good guy.

Paul