• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

High Octane Fuel

joedls

Anyone know where I can get 100 Octane or better fuel pumped into a car in the L.A. or Orange County area of Southern CA?

Mustanger

Joe,

I'll need to verify this, but a 76 station in Covina/West Covina used to sell it right off the 10 fwy and Citrus exit ...

Mustanger

Okay, if you go there, it's located just South of the 10 on Citrus (less than 1/2 a block), ... you can't miss it.

OP
OP
joedls

joedls

Thanks, Ruben. I just called and verified that they sell it. $6.94 per gallon for 105 octane. Ouch.

19HCS68

I'm told that toluline makes a good octane booster. Anyone heard of that? It's new to me.

davidathans

Joe, i know two places where i have bought 101 unleaded from a pump...$5.79 a gallon...the two places are:

Northwest corner of Desoto and Vanowen at an Alliance gas station in Canoga Park in the san fernando valley

and the other is also an alliance gas station its on the Northwest corner of sherman way and woodley in the SFV

Mustanger

joedls said:
Thanks, everyone. I just found a place close to where I live that sells 105 octane.

... just curious, Joe, since it's also 105 and I like comparing apples w/ apples, what brand is it and how much $$ ??? ...

OP
OP
joedls

joedls

Mustanger said:
... just curious, Joe, since it's also 105 and I like comparing apples w/ apples, what brand is it and how much $$ ??? ...

It's a 76 station on La Paz near the 5 freeway. Same price: $6.94 per gallon.

Mustanger

joedls said:
It's a 76 station on La Paz near the 5 freeway. Same price: $6.94 per gallon.

Cool, have fun with the 105 ... should allow you to tweak things a little to make you go faster ...

OP
OP
joedls

joedls

davidathans said:
Hey Joe, are you going to race your CS with the 105 in it? or are you going to dyno tune? What are you using that 105 octane for? if you race it, share the results! :)

I was looking for someone I know that just bought a Boss 302. The car has 11:1 compression, so he needs high octane gas. No plans to race for me. I have been thinking about dyno tuning my CS, though.