• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Help primer rough

logue636@comcast.net

My primer does not come out smouth using Dupont 2 K ureathane #421-19 activator 483-87 this is a 4 to 1 mix. I mix 4oz primer and 1oz activator. Could there be somtheing wrong, with my air pressure??

Mosesatm

My primer does not come out smouth using Dupont 2 K ureathane #421-19 activator 483-87 this is a 4 to 1 mix. I mix 4oz primer and 1oz activator. Could there be somtheing wrong, with my air pressure??

Sounds like it may need to be thinned or you may need a larger tip on your gun. Primer is usually pretty thick stuff.

admin

Staff member
Administrator
I was going to say the same about the gun tip size. Primers usually want 1.4 - 1.7 tips.

Is this primer an epoxy or high build primer?

What type of gun and what air pressure are you running? And how are you measuring that pressure? At the gun tip or at your compressor?

Have you shot successfully with this gun/compressor setup before?